The University Grant Commission is offering the National Fellowship for Higher Education of ST students for the academic year 2015-16.
The scheme is open to candidates who belong to Scheduled Tribe and are pursuing higher studies such as regular and full-time M.Phil and PhD degree. The total number of fresh fellowships each year will be 750 instead of 667. The fellowship shall be payable once the student has been registered and started the research work.
Fab choice for applicants
User Review( votes)
The Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) scheme for Scheduled Tribes has been renamed as National Fellowship for Higher Education of ST Students and is formulated and funded by Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Study Subject(s): Fellowship is awarded in the field of Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences and Engineering & Technology.
- Course Level: The scheme is open to candidates who belong to Scheduled Tribe and are pursuing higher studies such as regular and full-time M.Phil and PhD degree.
- Programme Provider: Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- The award can be taken at India
The Fellowship will be available only to the ST candidates who fulfil the following conditions for award:-
- Candidate belonging to ST should have passed the Post-Graduation examination for being eligible for the Fellowship.
- Candidate must be registered for regular and full-time M.Phil./Ph.D courses in University/Institute/Colleges recognized by UGC under Section 2 (f) of the UGC Act/ICAR by fulfilling conditions of admission of that University/Institute/Colleges.
- The ST students once considered eligible for the Fellowship shall not be entitled to any other fellowship of the Centre or State Government for the same study.
- The fellowship shall be payable once the student has been registered and started the research work.
- Open for International Students: Indian applicants are eligible to apply for this programme.
- A number of awards (s): The total number of fresh fellowships each year will be 750 instead of 667. In the case of nonavailability of an adequate number of Scheduled Tribe candidates, the number of fellowships not availed during a year will be carried forward to the next academic session.
- Duration of award(s): The tenure of fellowship is initially for two years under the National Fellowship for Higher Education for ST Students Scheme.
How to Apply
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Mandatory attachment required during submission of online form
1. Scanned Copy of Caste Certificate (ST)
2. Scanned Copy of Master Degree Mark sheet
3. Declaration/Certificate from Head of Department/Institution or competent authority of the University/Institute/College to the effect of forwarding of application and necessary facilities will be provided to the candidates during the research of M.Phil/PhD respectively(if the candidate has already registered for M.Phil/PhD).
4. Scanned Copy of Physical Disability (if required)
5. BPL Certificate (if required)
6. Date of Birth Certificate
7. Scanned Copy of Candidate’s Recent Color Photograph And Signature.
8. Scanned Copy of PVTG Certificate
The candidate would be eligible for following financial assistance: Fellowship in Humanities, Social
- Sciences, Sciences, Engineering & Technology- @ Rs.25,000/-pa for initial two years
@ Rs.28,000/-pa for remaining tenure
- Contingency A- @ Rs.10000/-pa for initial two years
@ Rs.20,500/-pa for remaining tenure
- Contingency B – @ Rs.12,000/-pa for initial two years
@ Rs.25,000/-pa for remaining tenure
- Escorts/Reader assistance – @ Rs. 2000/- p.m. in cases of physically
handicapped & blind candidates
- HRA – As per rules of the University/Institutions/Colleges.
Application Deadline: Closed