As part of the Future Ukraine Scholarships Program at the University of Bon launched by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), students pursuing higher education can take advantage of the Scholarships for Ukrainian Students for the academic year 2023-2024.
The University of Bonn will award this scholarship to 10 Ukrainian students who want to pursue masters or doctoral-level studies in Germany at the University of Bonn. The applicants must have fled their home country, Ukraine, and be granted temporary residence in Germany. They must be prepping for a German language course to be considered. The winners will be awarded €931 – €1,200 per month.
Great offer for Ukrainian students
User Review( votes)
The University of Bonn is a public research university located in Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. The university was first founded in 1818 by Frederick William III. It is placed 76th in the global comparison provided by the Shanghai Ranking 2022 and 201st in QS World University Rankings.
Why choose to study at the University of Bonn? The University of Bonn is a university of excellence with a particular responsibility of empowering future generations to make society fit for the future and treat nature and its resources responsibly. It is one of the best research-led universities in Germany with an international reputation as a leading institution of research and teaching.
Application Deadline: The scholarship applications must be submitted by 15th January 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Bonn
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor, Master, or Doctoral
- Award: €1,200
- Number of Awards: 10
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Ukraine
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Ukrainian students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Bachelor, master and doctoral level programmes offered at the University of Bonn can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have fled Ukraine.
- The applicants must have been granted residence for temporary protection in accordance with § 24 of the German Residence Act (AufenthG, inter alia).
- The applicants must be taking a preparatory German language course.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must first submit an admission application via the university portal. To apply for the scholarship, interested candidates must submit the below-listed documents via mail to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Curriculum vitae (in table form)
- Details of account with a German bank
- A certificate confirming participation in a DSH preparatory course or proof of enrollment at the University of Bonn or your acceptance letter for doctoral studies
- A letter of motivation
- A copy of passport and
- A letter of recommendation
- Certificates and attestations of voluntary engagement, such as taking part in championships and Olympiads
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry requirements of the master’s or doctoral degree program they wish to join at the University of Bonn.
- Language Requirement: The students must have German language proficiency DSH level 2, CEFR level C1.
The selected master’s or doctoral students will be awarded the following by the University of Bonn:
- €931 per month for bachelor’s and master’s students
- €1,200 per month for doctoral students