With a goal to support Ukrainian students who have financial worries due to the war in their home country, Cologne University of Applied Sciences has announced its Ukrainian Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
Exclusively offered to Ukrainian national students, this scholarship will be covering study-related expenses up to 861 EUR. Candidates that are in financial need due to war and have obtained their higher education entrance qualification at a school in Germany or abroad are eligible to win this scholarship.
This scholarship will provide the amount of EUR 861 for up to 3 months to pursue a bachelor’s degree at the Cologne University of Applied Sciences.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1971 as a fusion of renowned predecessor institutions, the Cologne University of Applied Sciences officially called TH Köln – University of Applied Sciences is an institute of higher education located in Cologne. It ranks 63rd in the entire nation.
Why choose to study at the Cologne University of Applied Sciences? Cologne University of Applied Sciences creates social innovation and contributes to solving the challenges of today’s society. The TH Köln has received a positive system accreditation from the German accreditation council, having demonstrated that its quality management system in the field of study and teaching is suitable for ensuring that the qualification goals and quality standards of its study programs are achieved.
Application Deadline: The application process began on 14th March 2022 and observes no deadline.
- University or Organization: Cologne University of Applied Sciences
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: 861 EUR
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Ukraine
- The award can be taken in Germany.
- Eligible Countries: Ukrainian national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake undergraduate study programmes offered at TH Köln.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled at TH Köln with the aim of obtaining a university degree.
- The applicants must be in financial need due to the war in their home country.
- The applicants must have supplemented their foreign higher education entrance qualification with a German Studienkolleg.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can log in to the university portal to make their admission applications. To apply for the scholarship, students must complete the scholarship application form and mail it to [email protected] along with the listed supporting documents.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Proof of special financial need – if possible
- Proof of financing your studies (bank statements for the last 3 months. If applicable, copies of employment contracts/scholarship agreements),
- Current certificate of enrolment
- Copy of your residence permit
- Copy of the page of your passport with your personal details
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the general requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students are required to meet the German language requirements of the university.
The Cologne University of Applied Sciences will offer a scholarship of EUR 861 for up to 3 months of study. However, depending on the availability of funds and the situation in Ukraine, an extension of the scholarship will be considered.