The University of Queensland is inviting applications for international awards in Science for the academic year 2018– 2019. The studentships are available for outstanding international students in undergraduate or postgraduate coursework programs at UQ.
The University of Queensland, UQ, is an Australian research university primarily located in Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane. UQ is a sandstone university consistently ranked among the top in all international university rankings.
User Review( votes)
Applicants must have at least 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent test.
- Application Deadline: June 1, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate coursework.
- Study Subject: award is awarded in the field of science.
- Award: Two different opportunities are available:* The Full Degree award is awarded to students enrolling in year one of a UQ Faculty of Science full degree program and is a single payment of AU$10,000* The Advanced Standing award is awarded to students enrolling in a UQ Faculty of Science program with advanced standing (credit articulation), for example on the basis of previous study at a Polytechnic, and is a single payment of AU$3,000.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this application programme.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for a UQ Science International Scholarship, you must:* Be classified as an international student in Australia* Have an unconditional or a conditional offer (with all conditions met by the program closing date) from UQ* For undergraduate programs, have completed senior high school and obtained an entry score that equates to a Queensland Tertiary Education rank of 96 or higher* For postgraduate programs, have completed an undergraduate degree and obtained a GPA (Grade Point Average) of 6 or higher on a 7-point scale* Not have already commenced your studies at UQ, even if you seek a change of program
* Not simultaneously hold another scholarship
* For the Full Degree Scholarships: be an international student enrolling in year one of a UQ Faculty of Science full degree program
* For the Advanced Standing Scholarships: be an international student enrolling in a UQ Faculty of Science program with advanced standing (credit articulation)
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have at least 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent test.
How to Apply: For either the Full Degree Scholarship or the Advanced Standing Scholarship:
- Lodge an official UQ undergraduate or postgraduate application form for international students for entry into one of the eligible Science programs either directly to UQ or through your agent.
- Receive a UQ Student ID Number and an unconditional offer (or a conditional offer providing that all conditions are to be met by the program closing date).
- Complete and submit the Science International Scholarship online application form.