UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency is inviting applications for Internship in Communication and Public Engagement in Denmark starting from 1 December 2018 or soonest thereafter. Interns must have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a relevant field relevant to the work of UNHCR. This is paid internship and is available for international students.
Field of Internship: The internship offers a unique opportunity to help build UNHCR’s communication, public engagement and fundraising activities targeting the Danish general public. While focus for the internship is on Denmark, the intern will be exposed to our UN City-based global teams and our global network that are driving forward UNHCR’s engagement with the public in all parts of the world.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency
Internship can be taken in Copenhagen, Denmark
User Review( votes)
Eligibility: Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required Education:
- Be a recent graduate (i.e. studies completed within one year of applying for an internship with UNHCR) or current student in a relevant graduate/undergraduate university programme e.g. communication, marketing, international relations, political science, development/refugee studies or similar; and
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a relevant field relevant to the work of UNHCR.
Fluency in Danish and English
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Planning and organizing competencies with ability to multitask and prioritize workload;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Knowledge about international humanitarian work;
- Experience with working in an international environment;
- Experience with social media (particularly Facebook and Instagram) management
- Experience with WordPress and web content;
- Relevant work experience.
Internship Open for International Students: Internship is open for International students.
Is this paid internship? Yes, the position is full time (40 hours per week) and the intern will receive a monthly travel and food allowance.
Internship Description: Established in December 1950, UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees and other persons of concern and to seek solutions to their plight. For more than six decades, UNHCR’s work has helped over 50 million refugees to restart their lives. UNHCR teams are in the field in over 130 countries, using our expertise to protect and care for millions of people who have been forced to flee their homes.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: The internship runs 6-8 months, starting 1 December 2018 (or soonest thereafter). The position is full time (40 hours per week) and the intern will receive a monthly travel and food allowance
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation, Personal History Form (P11), and CV, including testimonials/degrees/certificates to DENCOCMUHR-at-unhcr.org indicating “Communication and Public Engagement in Denmark – Intern” in the subject of the email. P11 forms are available on www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application is October 28, 2018.