Applications are invited for United Nations Human Rights Fellowship Programme available for the people of African Descent living in the Diaspora. The Fellowship will be held from 13 November to 1 December 2017 in Geneva, Switzerland.
The programme will coincide with the first session of the UN Forum for People of African Descent. Fellowship includes airfare, basic health insurance; and a stipend to cover modest accommodation and other living expenses for the duration of the programme.
User Review( votes)
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) represents the world’s commitment to universal ideals of human dignity.
Course Level: This fellowship is available for pursuing research.
Study Subject(s): Fellowship provides opportunity to deepen applicant’s understanding of the United Nations human rights system, instruments and mechanisms, with a focus on issues of particular relevance to people of African descent.
Scholarship Awards: Each fellow is entitled to a return ticket (economy class) from the country of residence to Geneva; basic health insurance; and a stipend to cover modest accommodation and other living expenses for the duration of the Programme.
Number of Awards: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland (Geneva)
Eligibility:The following criteria must be meet in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship
- The candidate must be an individual of African descent living in the Diaspora.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of work experience related to the rights of People of African Descent.
- The candidate needs to have sufficient command of the English language to be able to participate fully in the programme.
- The candidate has to submit a letter of support from an organization working on issues related to People of African Descent or minority rights.
- The candidates must be available to attend the full duration of the programme. The selected fellows will be expected to participate in different activities and to strictly follow the programme.
Nationality: People of African Descent living in the Diaspora are eligible for this fellowship.
How to Apply: Applicants are requested to submit the following documents in one single e-mail to [email protected]
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A completed, signed and scanned Application Form in one single document.
- A Personal Statement (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate will explain his/her motivation for applying, and how he/she will use the knowledge gained from the fellowship to promote the interests and rights of people of African descent.
- An Official Letter of Support from the nominating organization or community
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
Please note that submissions with more than five attachments will not be accepted.
Important: Please mention in the subject header of your e-mail: “Application for the 2017 Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent.”
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 31, 2017.