The University of South Africa is seeking applicants for its Masters by Experimental Research Bursary program. The bursary is available for both South African and non-South African applicants but preference will be given to South African applicants.
The aim of the bursary is to assist students in enhancing their research ability. The bursary is awarded in the fields offered by the university but preference will be given to Natural Sciences, Engineering, and Mathematics.
A golden chance for South African and non-South African citizens to study in South Africa.
User Review( votes)
The University of South Africa is the largest university on the African continent and attracts a third of all higher education students in South Africa. They offer internationally accredited qualifications and have world-class resources.
Why at the University of South Africa? As Africa’s leading open distance learning institution, they offer internationally accredited qualifications and have world-class resources that inspire learners to create meaningful futures on their own terms.
University or Organization: University of South Africa
Course Level: Postgraduate Research
Award: R55,000 to R120,000
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: South African and non-South African citizens
The program can be taken in South Africa
Application Deadline: Closed
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have obtained 24 Credits in the Proposal module at Unisa, please note that this bursary does not cover the Proposal Module.
- This bursary does not cover any Coursework Masters qualifications.
- A supervisor’s report that recommends financial support on grounds of quality submissions e.g. research chapters submitted, data analyses, etc.
- Approval by the Masters and Doctoral Research Bursary Committee (MDRBC) based on academic progress, the standard of work submitted, prioritization of research fields, innovative specializations, and appropriate methodology.
- Preference will be given to but is not limited to, the following fields: Natural Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics.
- Awards will only be made dependent on available funding.
- The bursary is awarded to South African and non-South African citizens, but preference will be given to South African students.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants need to apply Research Bursary is online. You can apply by post or submitted electronically to Dsf-postgrd-at-unisa.ac.za
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the Certified copy of ID/Passport, Proof of completion of the Proposal Module.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have previous year degree.
- Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
Benefit: The maximum budget per qualification is R55,000 for Masters and R120,000 per Doctoral (not per annum).