Applications are invited for China Scholarship Opportunities for the academic year 2018/2019. Citizen of the United Republic of Tanzania is eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) is a parastatal organization under the Ministry of Energy and Minerals. The Company generates, transmits, distributes and sells electricity to Tanzania Mainland and sells bulk power to the Zanzibar Electricity Corporation (ZECO) which in turn sells it to the public in islands_ Unguja and Pemba. TANESCO owns most of the electricity Generating, Transmitting and Distributing facilities in Tanzania Mainland.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: March 25, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Postgraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Sponsorship will be in the fields of oil and gas.
- Scholarship Award: Applicants will be required to pay for a ticket to China; other costs will be paid by the Government of China including return ticket.
- Nationality: Citizen of United Republic of Tanzania
- Number of Scholarships: The scholarships will be processed in collaboration with the Embassy of China in Tanzania and will be awarded to the best twenty (20) candidates.
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Citizen of the United Republic of Tanzania is eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- a) Applicants must be a citizen of United Republic of Tanzania and be in good health;
- b) Applicants must be holders of Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examinations and Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree from recognized universities;
- c) The age limits for Bachelor, Master’s and Ph.D. applicants should not be older than 25, 35 and 40 years respectively;
- d) Applicants will be required to pay for a ticket to China; other costs will be paid by the Government of China including return ticket; and
- e) Applicant once awarded scholarship, will not be allowed to decline for many reasons.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applications must be attached with:
- a) Two copies of application forms printed from online applications;
- b) Copies of Form IV and VI National Examination Certificates;
- c) Two photocopies of academic transcripts of the most advanced studies (notarized photocopy);
- d) Two original sets of Letter of Recommendation;
- e) Two photocopies of Diploma of the most advanced studies (notarized photocopy);
- f) Two photocopies of Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
- g) Two photocopies of Blood Test Report;
- h) Two copies of Study Plan or Research Proposal in English (a minimum of 200 words for undergraduate, 800 words for postgraduate);
- i) Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China;
- j) Two copies of Birth Certificate;
- k) Reliable contacts: postal address and telephone numbers;
- l) Copies of Form IV and VI National Examination Certificates;
- m) A detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV); and
- n) One recent passport size photograph.