Applications are open for the Ö1 Talent Scholarship for Visual Arts provided by Wiener Städtische Versicherungsverein. It is being offered for the 16th time this year.
All Austrian students or students living in Austria at the above-mentioned art universities who meet the following criteria by the end of the submission deadline for the Ö1 Talent Scholarship for Visual Arts 2022 are eligible to apply.
A nice offer to study in Visual Arts.
User Review( votes)
The prize is intended to promote young talent studying at one of the following four universities: the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna, the University of Applied Arts Vienna, the Linz University of Art and the Mozarteum University.
The Mozarteum University offers over 40 artistic and education courses in the fields of music, the performing and visual arts. It is one of the top universities in Salzburg, Austria and one of the world’s most acclaimed universities of music and the arts.
Application Deadline: 21 April 2023.
- University or Organization: Wiener Städtische Versicherungsverein
- Department: NA
- Course Level: University degree course
- Award: 10,000 euros
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Austria
- Eligible Countries: Austria
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for a degree in Visual Arts.
- Admissible Criteria: All students who meet the following criteria for the Ö1 Talent Scholarship for Visual Arts 2023 are eligible to apply:
- Applicants must be enrolled as regular students at one of the listed art universities: the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna, the University of Applied Arts Vienna, the Linz University of Art and the Mozarteum University.
- Applicants must already be in the second stage of their studies (old study regulations) or in the final phase of their Bachelor’s or Master’s studies.
- Students who receive one or more scholarships that exceed the total amount of 3,000 euros per year at the time of submission are excluded from the Ö1 Talent Scholarship for Visual Arts 2023 (except study grants from the study grant authority).
- Students who are in Austria as part of a student mobility program (ERASMUS, Joint Study, etc.) are excluded from participation.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application must include:
- Completed and signed Submission form. The form (PDF format) can be found on the website/newsletter of the respective art university.
- Photos/video stills of three works submitted to the jury. They must include “Jury” in the file name. The resolution of the photo material or stills must be 300 dpi, format: .jpg or .tif. Film, video and sound works must be uploaded to www.vimeo.com or www.youtube.com (access without a password). The links must be provided with the respective work description.
- Supporting Documents: A PDF file with the following contents (all texts must be written in German language, according to valid German orthography):
- Biographical information (photo, education and information about previous artistic activities such as exhibitions, study trips, participation in competitions, etc.) according to the form requirements in the application form
- A short commentary on your artistic work with a maximum of 500 characters (including spaces)
- Information on work projects during the term of the fellowship with a maximum of 500 characters (including spaces)
- Work descriptions of the three works that will be submitted. The descriptions must not exceed 500 characters (including spaces) per work. They must be preceded by a small photo/video still of the work and the following information: Title of the work, material, format, and year of creation.
- To provide a comprehensive picture of one’s artistic activity, a portfolio with photos of works and descriptions of other works must be included.
- Confirmation of the second stage of studies (1st diploma certificate)
- Confirmation of studies
- Only applications with complete information and documents
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students submit their applications to their universities.
- Each of the four universities selects up to three students and sends their applications to Ö1.
- A maximum of twelve finalists send an introductory video to Ö1.
- Language Requirement: English language skills are required.
The winner of the scholarship receives €10,000.00. The winner of the audience award will receive free participation in the Artist Statement as part of the Parallel Vienna 2024.