University of Aberdeen is pleased to offer Sir Thomas Sutherland Scholarship to pursue undergraduate programme in September 2017. Applicants from India, Indonesia, Thailand or Malaysia are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The main objective of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
User Review( votes)
The University of Aberdeen Business School is a leading international provider of excellence in undergraduate and postgraduate education, at the heart of the University. It boasts an international faculty of over 40 research-active members with world leading academic credentials and strong professional links with the business community.
The Standard English Language criteria for undergraduate study at the University of Aberdeen (referred to as Undergraduate Standard). Please note that this standard does not apply to Medicine (MB ChB) where a higher level of English is required. Alternative English Language qualifications are NOT accepted for Medicine (MB ChB) applicants.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded for the following subjects:
List of Subjects: Accountancy; Biochemistry; Biology; Biotechnology; Business Management; Chemical Engineering; Chemistry; Civil and Structural Engineering; Computing; Computing Science; Conservation Biology; Ecology; Economics; Electrical and Electronic Engineering; Engineering; Environmental Science; Finance; French; Geography; Geology and Petroleum Geology; German; Information Systems; Information Systems and Management; Law; Legal Studies; Marine Biology; Mathematics; Mechanical Engineering; Microbiology; Natural Philosophy (Physics); Petroleum Engineering; Physics; Plant and Soil Science; Politics and International Relations and Psychology.
Scholarship Award: The successful scholar will receive funding each year for the duration of their four year degree:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
*If the tuition fee is higher than £14,300 as is the case for science degrees, the fee will be met up to the cost of £18,000
**As Fourth year students are not required to pay fees, there will be no scholarship funding for fees in that year.
If you are academically outstanding, the first member of your immediate family to attend University and have the enthusiasm and motivation to succeed academically and professionally, you could be the lucky recipient of this amazing opportunity.
Scholarship can be taken at: UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this Scholarship:
- Indian, Indonesian, Thai or Malaysian nationals, who are normally resident in the relevant country i.e. India, Indonesia, Thailand or Malaysia, and classified as paying international students fees, commencing a full time undergraduate degree at the University of Aberdeen in September 2016 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have received a conditional or unconditional offer at the University of Aberdeen starting in September 2016. Only those who have made Aberdeen their first (firm) choice will be considered. Students need to be year 1 entrants. Advanced entrants are not eligible.
- Preference will be given to those applicants who have not studied in the UK before.
- A full list of eligible subject areas can be found with the application form. Applicants for Medicine are not eligible to apply.
Applicants from India:
- Indian School Certificate or Higher Secondary School Certificate
- For ALL courses, a minimum grade of 80% in English at Standard XII
- For Science courses: at Standard XII a minimum grade of 80% overall, including 80% or more in two science subjects or mathematics and a science subject. A minimum grade of 80% is required where the applicant specifies good performance in a particular subject.
- For ENGINEERING: at Standard XII a minimum percentage of 80% overall, including 80% or more in two science subjects or mathematics and Physics
Applicants from Indonesia:
- Students must have completed their High School in Indonesia and either have completed a 1 year at University or a bridging course to be eligible for first year entry in their chosen degree programme.
Applicants from Malaysia
- Sijil Tinggi Pesekolahan Malaysia (STPM)
- For All courses, a Grade C or better in GCE O level English
- For SCIENCE courses: a CGPA of 3.0 or more, including grade B or better in two science based subjects or Mathematics and a science based subject. A minimum grade of B is required where an applicant specifies good performance in a particular subject.
- For ENGINEERING courses: a CGPA of 3.0 or more, including grade B or better in Mathematics and Physics
Applicants from Thailand
- MathayomSuksa 6 (M6);
- Mathayom 6 is the final examination taken by students at the end of their three years of upper secondary education and is acceptable at grade 1 or better in lieu of GCSE on a subject for subject basis, except in English language. It would need to be supplemented by GCE A Levels, Scottish Highers or Advanced Highers; or a bridging course.
Nationality: Applicants from India, Indonesia, Thailand or Malaysia are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have received a conditional or unconditional offer at the University of Aberdeen starting in September 2016. Only those who have made Aberdeen their first (firm) choice will be considered. Students need to be year 1 entrants. Advanced entrants are not eligible.
English language Requirements: English language proficiency is assessed by referral to the following tests. IELTS Academic; TOEFL iBT TOEFL DI code is 0818; PTE Academic; Cambridge English Advanced & Proficiency.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent via post and also by e-mail.
To be considered for the Sir Thomas Sutherland Scholarship applicants must:
- Return the application form, with all sections completed
- Submit a video clip of a maximum of 1 minute in duration
- Include a copy of their passport
- Include one academic reference
- Include a copy of their high school transcript to date
Application Deadline: All information must be received by the application deadline: April 29, 2017.