Students curious about literature are introduced to an amazing opportunity so they can pursue creative excellence and develop their writing in a university atmosphere at the University College Cork – the Miriam Cotter MA International Scholarships in Creative Writing.
This scholarship will be awarded to a writer who shows exceptional promise. The applicants must apply for the MA in Creative Writing programme at UCC and come from a traditionally underrepresented area of society. Ideal candidates for this scholarship award valued at €8,670, are students who have received an admission offer for their applied programme.
Perfect chance for excellent students to get funding for their education in Ireland.
User Review( votes)
University College Cork is a constituent university of the National University of Ireland situated in Cork. It was founded in 1845. The university is one of the three Queen’s Colleges located in Belfast, Cork, and Galway, also ranking 397thin Best Global Universities and 303rd in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the University College Cork? The University College Cork believes in giving its students a world-class experience that incorporates high-quality teaching, learning and research. The university also provides a rich and dynamic range of opportunities for its students to engage in activities outside the curriculum.
Application Deadline: Applications are open until 1st June, 2023.
- University or Organization: University College Cork
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master
- Award: €8,670
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: Irish and students from Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: MA in Creative Writing program offered at the University College Cork can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must already have made a successful application to UCC’s MA in Creative Writing in 2023-2024.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications must be directed on the university’s application portal.The scholarship application link can be found here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to provide original qualification documents listed on their application including transcripts of results from institutions other than UCC and any supplementary items requested for their course if required.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the course-specific entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- Cambridge Examinations –
- Duolingo English Test (DET) – 120
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – 6.5
- LanguageCert International (ESOL) – B2
- Pearson English Language Tests (PTE) – 63
- TOEFL iBT – 90
The University College Cork will award the winning candidates a scholarship award amount or stipend of €8,670 for support.