The University of Manchester and the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur have partnered to deliver a dual-award PhD program in the Faculty of Science and Engineering for the academic year 2023-2024.
Three scholarships are available for outstanding international students who want to pursue postgraduate research in the Faculty of Science and Engineering at the University of Manchester. Applicants will get fully funded studentships and tuition fee sponsorship and top-up awards for living costs available for suitable candidates.
Great opportunity for applicants in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Manchester is a shared research institute that is one of the leading general institutes in Manchester that appreciates the unlimited value of every person and graduates persons of capacity and confidence who pull upon their teaching and devotion to lead principled, efficacious, and benevolent lives to enhance the human situation.
Why choose to study at the University of Manchester? Learners will rapidly discover talents and acquire orientation to adventures that will put them asunder in this career demand. It was scaled, placing up 8th in Europe and 6th in the UK, or our study the University of Manchester has importance for greatness that affected our students to select Manchester. It is the most useful research structure and has a passionate research civilization that promotes innovative, cross-disciplinary cooperation.
Application Deadline: 13 March 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Manchester
- Department: Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Course Level: Postgraduate research
- Award: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 3
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postgraduate research in the Faculty of Science and Engineering in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be able to undertake PhD studies at IIT Kharagpur from July 2023, or as soon as possible thereafter, with no requirement for a (further) visa to study in India.
- Possess a willingness to travel to the UK to undertake two years of study based at The University of Manchester, if such travel is permitted by the UK and Indian governments
- Applicants must have demonstrable excellent communication skills, including in the English language, a proficiency which should be demonstrably indicated by meeting the requirements as indicated on The University of Manchester website
- Applicants must have demonstrable suitability of academic background for the proposed project.
- They have demonstrable skills in team-working and self-organization
- They have demonstrable interest and curiosity in the proposed area of research.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply online for postgraduate research admission to the Faculty of Science and Engineering at the University of Manchester. All eligible students are to be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants are required to submit the following documents to the university:
- Two academic references
- Official transcripts
- Research proposal
- A copy of your passport
- Evidence of English language ability
- Admission Requirements: If the applicants are Indian nationals, to be considered for this award they must:
- Applicants must hold (or be about to obtain) a BTech or MSc/MTech degree from any IIT with a minimum CGPA of 7.5/10.
- If applicants are not Indian nationals, to be considered for this award they must:
- Applicants must hold (or be about to obtain) a first-class honors undergraduate degree or master’s qualification (or international equivalent) in science, engineering, or related field from a globally reputed university (with QS rank within 500), or minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the English language requirements at the University of Manchester.
The University of Manchester will provide three fully funded studentships and tuition fee sponsorship and top-up awards for living costs available for suitable candidates.