The University of Essex is offering Psychology Doctoral Scholarships for 2019-2020 entry. UK, EU and international students are eligible to apply for these endowments.
The University of Essex is a British public research university in Colchester, Essex. It was established in 1963 and received its Royal Charter in 1965.
User Review( votes)
The award is available to full-time students and also to part-time and modular students on a pro rata basis.
- Application deadline: February 4, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue the Ph.D. programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded at the Department of Psychology.
- Award: the program includes:
- a fee waiver equal to the Home/EU fee (international students will need to pay the balance of their fees)
- a doctoral stipend equivalent to the Research Councils UK National Minimum Doctoral Stipend (£14,553 in 2018-19)
- a departmental allowance of approximately £480 per year
- Proficio funding, which can be used to ‘buy’ advanced skills training
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: UK, EU, and international students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK, EU, and international students are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
- This award is available to UK, EU, and international full-time Ph.D. students;
- Successful international applicants will need to fund the balance of the tuition fees;
- You must hold an offer from the Department of Psychology at the University of Essex for a Ph.D., Integrated Ph.D. or full-time Professional Doctorate (not MPhil, Doctor of Medicine,
Masters by Dissertation or full-time Professional Doctorate),
- Receipt of The grants is subject to applicants firmly accepting the offer of study, registering as students of the University of Essex for the 2019-20 academic year, and meeting all conditions of our offer,
- No alternative form of The grant is available and the award cannot be deferred to a later year from the one for which you are admitted;
- Students on distance learning programmes are not eligible;
- Successful applicants on an Integrated Ph.D. programme will have to fund their first year;
- Applicants may only receive one award administered by the University of Essex. In the event that an applicant is already in receipt of another University award (including fee discounts such as the Alumni Loyalty Discount), the larger of the two awards will be kept and the other released;
- Where a student applies for and is awarded a scholarship and subsequently obtains full external funding, the University will rescind the program offer. Where partial external funding is obtained, the department may choose to continue, reduce or rescind the program offer as it sees fit.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: University of Essex Doctoral scholarships do not cover SeNSS 1+3 applications but you will be considered for an Integrated Ph.D. if there is one appropriate for your studies. If you have not applied for a SeNSS studentship you should complete the University of Essex Psychology Doctoral application form available on the website. Please note that you must be applying for a new programme of study at the University of Essex, starting in October 2019, in order to be eligible. Applications for the University of Essex Psychology Doctoral Scholarship must be received by the specified closing date.