In 2019 the AXA Research Fund will be proposing up to 25 Post-Doctoral Fellowships to outstanding researchers. Students can be awarded a grant for up to €130,000 for an 18 to 24 month period.
The research project must fall within the scope of the AXA Research Fund’s overall mission, that is, to fund basic science dedicated to developing a better understanding of global risks.
Valuable Fellowships for International Students.
User Review( votes)
The mission of the AXA Research Fund is to fund academic research dedicated to bettering our understanding of important hazards, risks and threats and our current global societal challenges within four clusters: socioeconomic risks, environmental risks, life risks, and the “Fourth Industrial Revolution”.
Why at The AXA Research Fund- They support academic innovation carried out by top-tier researchers all over the world. It provides researchers with the means and freedom to complete their work successfully so that they feel encouraged to explore new avenues.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Only candidates without a permanent academic position are eligible.
- The applicant must have been awarded his/her first Ph.D. (or equivalent doctoral degree) before the beginning of the Post-Doctoral grant and within the 3 years preceding the deadline for the submission of their research proposal.
- Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- The research project must fall within the scope of the AXA Research Fund’s overall mission, that is, to fund basic science dedicated to developing a better understanding of global risks. Only research projects with justified relevance to the following AXA Research Fund list of topics will be considered for funding.
- Researchers from Europe, Central, and Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East, and the Asia Pacific are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, academic institutions must be pre-registered on their platform at least 5 days prior to the opening of a campaign. Institutions are urged to appoint a single Operational Contact to handle relations with the AXA Research Fund.
- Admission Requirements: The applicant must have been awarded his/her first Ph.D. (or equivalent doctoral degree) before the beginning of the Post-Doctoral grant and within the 3 years preceding the deadline for the submission of their research proposal.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Benefit: Each grant can be up to one hundred and thirty thousand euros (€130,000) at most and for the duration of eighteen (18) to twenty-four (24) month period.
Application Deadline: May 29, 2019