The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is accepting applications for the GE funding for undergraduate students from areas of computer science or applied sciences at University of Ghana. Ghanaian applicants are eligible to apply for this application .
The scholarship covers academic and residential fees, book allowance and out of pocket. In addition leadership training and limited Internship may be offered. The studentships are renewable annually provided they maintain a Grade Point Average of (GPA) 2.5 or better.
User Review( votes)
The University of Ghana provides modern educational and research environments that will enable students and researchers to face current challenges and to focus on knowledge as a principle driving force for development.
- Application Deadline: October 11, 2018
- Course Level: award is available for pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- Study Subject: The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is accepting 2018/19 applications for the award of The GE Scholarship for UG students from areas of need reading BA Computer Science or any of the following APPLIED SCIENCES at University of Ghana: School of Engineering:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Material Science and Engineering
School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Earth Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Award: The Scholarship covers academic and residential fees and book allowance. In addition, leadership training and limited Internship may be offered as long as an excellent academic standard of at least a 2.5 CGPA continues to be met and need is demonstrated.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Ghanaian applicants
- The award can be taken in Ghana
- Eligible Countries: Ghanaian applicants are eligible to apply for this application .
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants are eligible to apply if you:
- Are a Ghanaian.
- Are a University of Ghana regular student.
- Obtained an aggregate of 15 or better at the WASSCE or CGPA 3.0.
- Are able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educational related expenses.
- Have the will to succeed (determination, perseverance and success in other pursuits).
- Are reading BA Computer Science or Basic Applied Sciences in the following areas: BSc in Information Technology, Material Science and Engineering, Earth Science, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Will maintain at least a 2.5 CGPA
- Are of a Good Conduct.
How to Apply: Download and submit a completed GE- Fund application Form and the required essays, a copy of applicant’s academic records (WASSCE grades), letters of recommendation and supporting need documents.
The following are examples of documents that can be used to support this application:
- An official pays slip or payroll record of parents/guardians or the applicant.
• Recent school receipts/ bills of siblings of school going age.
• Tax return receipts– IRS, VAT, tabletop hawking receipts, etc.
• Birth Certificates (of siblings).
• Death Certificate or Burial permit (in the case of death of a parent).
• Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
• Bank Statements / Ghana Cocoa Board Farmers Association Passbook.
• SSNIT contribution statements.
• Money transfer receipts.
• National Health Insurance receipts (showing premium paid).
• Evidence of other dependents of parents/guardians.
• Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing, of your application.
• High School Transcripts (Terminal Reports)
• West African Senior School Certificate Exam Results (WASSCE)
• University Acceptance Letter
• Records regarding achievement tests, academic awards, honors, and substantive assessments by teachers, including letters of recommendation.
• Confirm that you are not currently receiving support through any other program.