The University of Hamburg is now accepting applications for merit awards. These opportunities are available for international students to concentrate fully on their studies and gives them the opportunity to develop their skills.
With its merit program, the university supports outstanding international students and doctoral researchers of all subjects and degree levels who are actively involved in a social or intercultural context.
User Review( votes)
The University of Hamburg is a comprehensive university in Hamburg, Germany. It is the largest research and education institution in northern Germany and is one of the most comprehensive universities in Germany.
Why at The Universitat Hamburg – The university provides a broad spectrum of degree programs. At their comprehensive university, you can choose from 150-degree programs in six faculties.
- University or Organization: The Universitat Hamburg
- Department: NA
- Course Level: The grant is open for master or doctoral degree program.
- Award: €1650
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Language: English
- Application Deadline: April 15,2019 & October 15, 2019
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are welcome.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- You are entitled to funding if you are pursuing an academic degree at Universität Hamburg and have been enrolled in your degree program for at least 2 semesters (master’s students can apply after 1 semester)
- The applicants do not hold German citizenship and are not eligible for the federal student loan scheme (BAföG).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, the applicants must need to do register through the given link: https://login.uni-hamburg.de/idp/profile/SAML2/Redirect/SSO?execution=e2s1
- Supporting Documents: You must upload the following documents to the online application portal: tabular CV, letter of motivation: use this form (PDF), proof of social and/or intercultural activities (if applicable), a record of achievements: STiNE printout or list of course certificates. Master’s students and doctoral researchers submit their final certificate, evaluations from 2 professors or junior professors at Universität Hamburg. In justified cases, other teaching staff at Universität Hamburg can also prepare evaluations.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants need to enroll at Universität Hamburg at the time of application.
- Language Requirement: English
The university will provide all the following:
- The maximum monthly funding sum is €720.
- Depending on the availability of funding, individual doctoral researchers may be awarded a merit scholarship totaling €1,000 per month (about 3-4 scholarships in each application round).
- Merit opportunities are awarded for 2 semesters (total of 12 months).
- It is possible to re-apply for a scholarship after being awarded.
- The maximum funding period in justified exceptional cases is 3 years.