The Deakin University is offering Deakin Scholarship for Excellence scholarship. The scholarship is awarded for the normal full-time duration of the course.
Aimed at both undergraduates and postgraduates, this scholarship is designed for students who show exceptional promise within or beyond their academic achievements. Strong academic performance or excellence in extracurricular activities, sport, the Arts, community service or leadership will hold the key to success.
User Review( votes)
- Application deadline: February 14, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study postgraduate
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: $10,000 paid as cash or tuition fees per year, or a combination of both to the value of $10,000 per year – the choice is yours!
- Nationality: Australian citizen
- Number of scholarship: Limited
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Australian citizen.
- Entrance Requirement: Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
- To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or the holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- commencing or currently enrolled at Deakin University in an undergraduate bachelor or honours degree in a Commonwealth support place (CSP) or postgraduate by coursework degree (CSP or full fee) in any trimester/semester in the 2019 academic year
- bachelor and honours students enrolled full time unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full-time study, or postgraduate students enrolled in at least two credit points
- able to demonstrate achievement in one of the following:
- an ATAR of at least 85
- a Weighted Average Mark (WAM)/Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 80 in previous tertiary study
- leadership experience
- elite sports performance
- community service
- volunteer activities
- the Arts
- Any other achievement.
- Consideration will be given to students experiencing financial or personal hardship.
How to Apply:
- Submit one application for three scholarships directly via our Course and Scholarship Applicant portal
- Follow the steps, select the ‘Deakin Funded Scholarships Program’ option and your application will be automatically considered for the Deakin Scholarship for Excellence and the selection process.
- This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chances of receiving a Deakin scholarship.