University of KwaZulu-Natal is inviting applications for LLM and PhD Scholarship to study in South Africa 2019.
We aim to engage in topical health law and ethics research and teaching from a uniquely South African perspective, and to impact on the South African, African, and global health law and ethics landscape.
User Review( votes)
On an undergraduate level, we present bioethics as an elective to LLB students. On a postgraduate level, we offer a research LLM, and coursework LLM in Medical Law, and a research PhD. Our undergraduate course in bioethics is typically taken by about 100 students every year.
The University of KwaZulu-Natal or UKZN is a university with five campuses in the province of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa. It was formed on 1 January 2004 after the merger between the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville.
• Application Deadline: December 14, 2018
• Course Level: award is available to pursue Research LLM and PhD Degree program.
• Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in Reproductive law & ethics, Children’s rights – research, reproduction, New technologies & health care, Global Health Research Collaborations, End-of-life.
• LLM (full-time only): R90 000 per year for two years
• PhD (full-time only): R120 000 per year for three years
• Number of Awards: Number not given.
• Nationality: The grant is available for South African and African citizens.
• The award can be taken in South Africa
• Eligible Countries: The grant is available for South African citizens.
• Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be in possession of an LLB or a BProc degree (or any other degree which is, in the discretion of the Board of the School, relevant to this program) with the basic entrance requirement being a minimum overall average of 55%, subject to the availability of places in the module as class sizes are limited.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The mode of applying this application is online.