The University of London is pleased to offer the Guy S. Goodwin-Gill Distance Learning Scholarships for students of the MA in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies by distance learning who wish to begin their studies in October.
The MA Studies provides a rigorous theoretical and practical understanding of the field of international refugee law and forced migration. Applicants require IELTS with an overall score of at least 7.0, and a score of at least 6.0 in the Reading and Writing sub-tests.
User Review( votes)
The University of London is a collegiate research university located in London, England, consisting of 18 constituent colleges, nine research institutes and a number of central bodies.
Application Deadline: 19 August 2019
Applicants for the Guy S. Goodwin-Gill scholarship must satisfy all of the following:
- You hold an offer to study the MA Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies for the October intake.
- You cannot accept this offer without financial support.
- You are able to demonstrate outstanding academic merit or potential (particularly by your achievements).
- Applications are welcomed especially from candidates based in low / middle-income countries.
- Current University of London students or former applicants for this application (or the Sadako Ogata award) are not eligible to apply.
- Nationality: Applications are welcomed especially from candidates based in low- and middle-income countries.
- Course Level: MA programme
- Study Subject: Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies
- The award can be taken in the UK
How to Apply
STEP 1: Candidates must hold an offer to study the MA in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies programme. (University recommends applying by 1 August if you intend to apply for the opportunity
STEP 2: Download and complete the application form [Word] and submit with your CV to [email protected] by 19 August 2019.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: An undergraduate degree (e.g. bachelor) which is considered at least comparable to a UK upper second class honors degree, in a social science related subject, from an institution acceptable to the University.
English Language Requirement:
- For awards at FHEQ level 7, students must provide satisfactory evidence showing that they have passed within the previous three years a test of proficiency in English at the following minimum level: IELTS with an overall score of at least 7.0, and a score of at least 6.0 in the Reading and Writing sub-tests.
- Tests of English proficiency from other providers will be considered on an individual basis. Where an applicant does not meet the prescribed English language proficiency requirements but believes that they can demonstrate the requisite proficiency for admission the University may, at its discretion, consider the application.
- The Guy S. Goodwin-Gill scholarship covers all module fees for the two-year part-time programme – two core modules, four elective modules, and two Dissertation modules (worth £8,220)
- This is a fee-waiver award covers the whole course fee. You must still cover certain additional costs, including those not directly payable to us (such as examination center fees), as well as any re-submission fees, transfer costs, or any other fees.