The University of British Columbia is currently offering an online course at edX in January, 2016. As marketing is the communication between you and your customer. This course aims to develop various marketing techniques in you to succeed in the market.
This course covers the fundamental concepts of marketing; students will learn to explore different approaches of marketing. By doing this course students will get tremendous benefits in marketing field.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
- Length: 6 weeks
- Effort: 3-4 hours/week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: The University of British Columbia
- Languages: English
- Level: Introductory
- Price: Free
- Add a Verified Certificate for $50
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: Self-Paced
University of British Columbia in partnership with edX is offering this Introduction to Marketing course. University of British Columbia is one of the most highly respective universities of the world. The mission of UBC is to advance knowledge and educate students in science, technology and other areas.
EdX is a not-for-profit online course provider composed of 30 leading global institutions, focused on transforming online and on-campus learning on an open source platform.
About This Course
This course emphasizes on the fundamental as well as advanced concepts of marketing, this course will teach various approaches and strategies of marketing. Students will learn about different tools that are used in marketing and how to implement them.
Marketing is a widely used term to describe the means of communication between the company and the consumer audience. This course will help you to equip you with all the qualities that are required to succeed in this field.
Why Take This Course?
The course is globally recognized and readies you for a career in marketing field. This is a free online course and participants will receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects.
Applicants can get a personalized, digital and printed certificate. This course will be offered with Video Transcripts.
After the completion of this course participants will learn:
- How to develop a basic customer segmentation system
- Effectively target customer segments and position your product or service in the marketplace
- Begin to understand the psychology of consumer decision making
- How to develop pricing strategies that maximize profitability
- How to define appropriate channel systems and go-to-market efforts
- Understand how marketing metrics can benefit your business,
- How to build effective communication efforts with customers
- Darren Dahl
Senior Associate Dean, Faculty and Research, and the BC Innovation Council Professor at the Sauder School of Business
- Paul Cubbon
Full-time faculty member of the Marketing and Behavioral Science Division at the Sauder School of Business at UBC