Accelerate your career in Informatics studies with this PhD International Studentships in Future Machine Learning Systems offered by the University of Edinburgh. The programme is open to worldwide students for the session 2020/2021.
The purpose of this PhD studentship is to support students who want to design future software systems for large-scale machine learning.
The University of Edinburgh is Scotland’s most prestigious and oldest institution specializing in arts, humanities, and computer science as well. It provides various undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes for international students.
Why study at the University of Edinburgh? At Edinburgh, students will have a range of ways to study, from on-campus taught programmes to online part-time study. Here they can also get the chance to achieve their aspirations and to become leaders in their chosen fields.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Edinburgh
- Department: School of Informatics
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Cover tuition fees+ tax free stipend+ Additional programme costs
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree coursework in Informatics: ICSA: Computer Architecture, Compilation and System Software, Networks, and Communication.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must have a solid background in computer architectures and machine learning.
- Proficient skills in C, C++, and Python.
- Must have a 1st class Bachelor’s degree and/or Distinction Master’s degree in computer science or highly related subjects.
- Knowledge of deep learning, optimization, distributed systems, and high-performance computing is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Dr. Mai’s recent AI system research.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the opportunity s, applicants first have to take admission in a PhD degree programme at the Edinburgh School of Informatics. After that, candidates should apply via the University’s admissions portal (EUCLID).
- Supporting Documents: Students must submit all degree transcripts and certificates (and certified translations if applicable), a short research proposal (max 2 pages), a full CV and cover letter describing your background, suitability for the PhD, and research interests (max 2 pages) and two references.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must have to check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information go through the English language requirements
The funding programme will cover:
- Full-time PhD tuition fees for a student with a Home/EU fee status (£4,407 per annum) or overseas fee status (£23,500 per annum).
- A tax-free stipend of GBP £15,285 per year for 3.5 years.
- Additional programme costs of £1000 per year.