The University of Essex is inviting applicants for the Mathematical Sciences Doctoral Scholarships for the academic year 2021-20. UK, EU and international students can apply for these endowments.
The aim of the Mathematical Sciences Doctoral award is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
Fab choice for students in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Essex is a British public research university in Colchester, Essex. It was established in 1963 and received its Royal Charter in 1965. Mathematical Sciences Doctoral Scholarships supports students who can demonstrate an excellent academic background and the potential for future achievement, as well as financial need.
Applicants should have already completed a first degree with good grades and should also demonstrate both an interest in and understanding of the area in which they propose to carry out research. IETLS score should be 6–7.
- Course Level: The studentships are available to undertake a PhD degree programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are offered in the Department of Mathematical Sciences across the University, all offering a diverse range of courses.
- Award: The award includes:
- A fee waiver equal to the Home/EU fee (international students will need to pay the balance of their fees)
- Living costs of up to £12,000 per year, comprising a stipend of £8,000 per year and a Graduate Teaching or Research Assistantship worth £4,000 in years two and three
- A training bursary of £250 per year
- Proficio funding, which can be used to ‘buy’ advanced skills training
- The award can be taken in the UK
This award is available to UK, EU and international full-time PhD students:
- Successful international applicants will need to fund the balance of the tuition fees
- Applicants must hold an offer from the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Essex for a PhD.
- Receipt of The grants is subject to applicants firmly accepting the offer of study, registering as students of the University of Essex for the 2016-17 academic year, and meeting all conditions of our offer
- Applicants may only receive one award administered by the University of Essex. In the event that an applicant is already in receipt of another University award (including the Alumni Loyalty Discount), the larger of the two awards will be kept and the other released;
- Where a student applies for and is awarded a scholarship and subsequently obtains full external funding, the University will rescind the program offer.
- Where partial external funding is obtained, the department may choose to continue, reduce or rescind the program offer as it sees fit.
Nationality: UK, EU and international students can apply for these endowments.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of applying is electronically.
- Required documents are:
- Give a brief statement (not exceeding 500 words) of how their studies would enhance the research environment in the Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Please provide details of any other relevant qualifications them (where they have not already included these in their PhD applications), and state where and when they obtained them.
- Please provide information about any work/voluntary sector experience and indicate its relevance to their proposed doctoral research (including industrial experience or training).
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants should have already completed a first degree with good grades and should also demonstrate both an interest in and understanding of the area in which they propose to carry out research. Some Departments may ask for applicants to have also completed a Masters degree, while others may be able to offer a Doctoral programme in place of this.
- English Language Requirements: IETLS score should be 6–7.
Application Deadline: Closed for 2021