USAID is awarding Higher Education Initiative (HEI)-Public programs for Egyptian Students. These opportunities are available to high school graduates to attend excellence programs at Egyptian public universities.
The Public programs is one of the U.S.-Egypt Higher Education Initiative components. The program awards scholarships to more than 100 Thanaweyya Amma graduates each year for three years (high school graduates in 2015, 2016, and 2017) to study in the excellence sections in one of the top public universities in Egypt: Cairo, Ain Shams, Alexandria, Mansoura and Assuit.
User Review( votes)
The U.S.-Egypt Higher Education Initiative is an investment in Egypt’s future that provides educational opportunities for high-achieving Egyptians to acquire skills that will better meet the needs of the 21st century economy.
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
- Application Deadline: June 15, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available for high school graduates to attend excellence programs at Egyptian public universities.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in fields that will help students reach their aspirations and contribute to Egypt’s economic prosperity.
- Award: The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees and ongoing academic support
- Intensive English and study skills program
- Leadership, character building, and business development training
- Mentoring and networking activities
- Internship and summer training in field of study
- Semester / Study summer at a univeristy abroad
- Support at job search and placement after graduation
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Egyptian Thanweyya Amma graduates
- The award can be taken in Egypt
- Eligible Countries: Egyptian Thanweyya Amma graduates can apply for these endowments.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Egyptian young men and women enrolled in Thanaweyya Amma in governmental and Experimental schools including STEM schools.
- Student achievers in their first and second secondary results.
- Participated in community activities.
- Includes scholarships specifically for disabled applicants.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply using the online application here free of charge, which requires you to provide information about your studies, background, personal information and preferred fields of study. Applications will be accepted beginning in April 2018.
The Higher Education Initiative (HEI) Public programs is administered by AMIDEAST and Etijah.