The University of Exeter is inviting international students to apply for its PhD Studentships in Mathematics for the academic year 2022-2023.
This study award is available for brilliant UK students who are going to enroll in the PhD degree programme at the university in the United Kingdom.
Great offer for students in the UK
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1955, Exeter University is a public research university located in Exeter, England. It offers undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral programmes in a variety of scientific, humanities, and social science areas.
Why study at the University of Exeter? In order to enhance professional competence, the institution allows applicants to pursue a high-quality education while exercising their right to free thought. Students will have access to world-class facilities while staying small enough to establish an academically focused community.
Application Deadline: The last date to submit the entries to participate in the following grant is 10th January 2022
- University: University of Exeter
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: £15,609
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: UK students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Mathematics
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
- Vision and motivation (for research & professional development)
- Evidence of the ability to work collaboratively and to engage in a diverse community
- Evidence of excellent written and oral skills in English.
The highest quality candidates will also be able to demonstrate one of more of the following:
Specialist knowledge about one or more of the 8 research areas listed above
- Training in research methodology (e.g. undergraduate research projects)
- Research outputs (e.g. papers) and/or other indicators of academic excellence (e.g. awards).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For empowering with this educational award, students need to take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the university. After that, they can complete the online application form for this award.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit all the following supporting documents:
- Letter of application (outlining your academic interests, prior project work experience and reasons for wishing to undertake the project).
- Transcript(s) giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained (this should be an interim transcript if you are still studying)
- Two references from referees familiar with your academic work. If your referees prefer, they can email
- The reference direct to pgr[email protected] quoting the studentship reference number.
- If you are not a national of a majority English-speaking country you will need to submit evidence of your proficiency in English. Please see the entry requirements information above.
- Admission Requirements: For being admitted to the university, aspirants have to meet the admission requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you will need to have achieved at least 6.5 in IELTS and no less than 6.0 in any section by the start of the project.
The University of Exeter will provide the award amount of home tuition fees plus an annual tax-free stipend of at least £15,609 for 3.5 years full-time, or pro-rata for part-time study.