Put your research skills into practice and gain new ones by applying for the International PhD Position in Evaluate Advanced Computational Methods offered by the University of Southern Denmark.
The scholarship opportunity aims to attract high-achieving overseas students who want to undertake PhD study for the session 2022/2023.
Nice offer for international students to receive a handsome salary package in Denmark.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1998, the University of Southern Denmark is a well-known institution that provides conventional disciplines and a diverse range of business and engineering programmes. It offers a variety of higher education programmes, including as bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees.
Why study at the University of Southern Denmark? At all levels, the institution provides world-class education and is committed to an international viewpoint. Students at this university will have access to a very high standard of living and educational facilities.
Application Deadline: The last date to submit the entries to participate in the following grant is
1 January 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Southern Denmark
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD degree
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: One
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: Candidates all around the world can apply for this programme.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Computational PhD Position to Apply and Evaluate Advanced Computational Methods to Explore Pancreatic Islet of Langerhans Biology in Health and Disease/given criteria:
- A master’s degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Molecular Biology, or a closely related field.
- Documented experience with statistical programming (e.g., R, Python, or both).
- Documented experience with -omics data analysis (e.g., single-cell RNA-seq).
- Strong communication and collaborative skills and an interest in working in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Experience with type 2 diabetes biology is considered an advantage.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be eligible for the opportunity, candidates must take admission in a PhD degree programme at the University of Southern Denmark. All applicants must complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Must submit the following supporting documents:
- A research proposal/description of your approach to the above project (max one page excluding references)
- A letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages) (please attach this under box “Application form”) Detailed CV, including personal contact information Copies of diplomas, Bachelor as well as Master’s degree, including a transcript of notes/grades
- At least two signed reference letters
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet the admission requirement to apply for the PhD International Position at the University of Southern Denmark.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must be fluent in English, both spoken and written.
The University of Southern Denmark will provide the following study expenses:
- A three-year PhD position in a stimulating and supportive international research environment.
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment, facilities, and infrastructure.
- Opportunity to interact with an extensive network of national and international collaborators.
- A competitive salary and social benefits (e.g. health coverage, parental leave, social security etc.)
- Dedicated assistance and support with various practical, social, and legal aspects (housing, visa, administration, tax, etc.), especially for international candidates through our international staff office (ISO) and department.
- Appointment as a PhD Research Fellow is for three years. Employment stops automatically at the end of the period. The holder of the scholarship is not allowed to have other paid employment during the three years