The “Building a New Generation of Academics in Africa” (BaNGA-Africa) project is pleased to announce its 1st Call for applications for its Postdoctoral Fellowships. Applicants from Ghana are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Its aims to contribute to the attainment of a critical mass of PhD holders on University of Ghana faculty, improve doctoral training at UG and enhance the quality and volume of research outputs from UG.
User Review( votes)
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded for the development of the research capacity and outputs of early career faculty.
Award: The programme will cover travel costs (visa, return economy air ticket, and travel insurance), medical insurance, and accommodation at the host institution as well as subsistence costs for the time away from the University of Ghana. Applicants are also eligible to apply competitively for a seed grant to undertake a research project as part of the fellowship. This application will normally be in collaboration with the mentor/ collaborator.
Number of Awards: Not Known
The award can be taken in the Ghana
- Must be PhD?holders employed full time as faculty at the University of Ghana.
- Must have earned their PhD and/or must have joined the University in the last 10 years.
- Previous recipients of Carnegie funded PhD opportunities are eligible to apply.
- Shortlisted applicants must provide documentary evidence to show that they have made contact with a prospective mentor/collaborator in a reputable institution who is willing to host and work with them during the period of the fellowship.
Nationality: Applicants from Ghana are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
How to Apply: All applications are to be submitted by email to banga-africa-at-ug.edu.gh and in hard copy to the BaNGA-Africa secretariat at the Centre for African Wetlands latest by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, February 28, 2017. Interested and eligible faculty members may complete and submit the attached Application Form accompanied by the following documents:
- PDF versions of 3 most important publications
- A CV of not more than 5 pages
- Supporting letters from two professional referees (including their telephone numbers, postal and e?mail addresses) to be sent directly from referees to the BANGA-Africa Coordinating Office by email at banga-Africa-at-ug.edu.gh. At least one referee should be familiar with the applicant’s work in academia.
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is February 28, 2017.