Students facing challenges in progressing on to Higher Education are addressed by the University of Glasgow. It is introducing its University of Glasgow Scholarships for Turkey and Syria Students for the academic year 2023-2024.
The University of Glasgow is offering this scholarship in light of the devastating earthquake which struck Turkey and Syria. The students undertaking undergraduate or postgraduate taught study programmes will be considered. A total of 6 students, 2 undergraduate, and 4 postgraduate students, will be selected and award full tuition fee waivers.
Great opportunity to complete their study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Glasgow is a public research university in Glasgow, Scotland that was founded in 1451. This highly sought-after university is not just the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world but is recognized on a universal level making it ranks 81st in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the University of Glasgow? The University of Glasgow is a very thoughtful university especially focused on awarding its students with an intellectually stimulating learning environment that benefits culture, society, and the economy. It undertakes leading research and inspires its students to identify their career goals and achieve their full personal and professional potential.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for this scholarship is 30th June, 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Glasgow
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: 6
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: Students from Turkey and Syria can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate and postgraduate level studies in an eligible programme can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be citizens of Syria or Turkey.
- The applicants must have an offer of a place for an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate taught programme for September 2023.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students who want to be considered for this scholarship must first submit an admission application via university portal. Students from eligible regions will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A copy (or copies) of your official degree certificate(s) (if you have already completed your degree)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- Evidence of your English language ability (if your first language is not English)
- Any additional documents required for this programme (see Entry requirements for this programme)
- A copy of the photo page of your passport (Non-EU students only)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the course-specific application deadline of the university to be considered for admission.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOELF IBT – 90
- PTE – 60
- CAE/CPE – 169
The undergraduate and postgraduate scholarship winners will be awarded full tuition fee waivers by the University of Glasgow.