The University of Gothenburg is seeking highly motivated and talented individuals to join International Postdoctoral Fellowship in Structure Determination of Membrane Proteins.
This fellowship is open to postdoctoral candidates who expertise in cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) and structural biology to work on the structural determination of membrane proteins.
Beneficial offer for talented students to win an award for Postdoctoral study.
User Review( votes)
The Institute of Biomedicine at the University of Gothenburg is a leading research and educational institution in Sweden. Their research and educational programs are focused on understanding the fundamental knowledge of the living cell, including how it works, what it consists of, how its function is directed by the genetic material, and how it interacts with various kinds of microorganisms.
Why to join this University of Gothenburg? The university applies the knowledge to elucidate the causes of diseases and find new ways to diagnose and treat them. With approximately 360 employees and assets totaling 450 million SEK, the Institute is a vibrant and stimulating environment for cutting-edge research and education.
Application Deadline: May 16, 2023
- University or Organization: University of Gothenburg
- Department: The Institute is composed of the following four departments:
- The Department of Infectious Diseases
- The Department of Microbiology and Immunology
- The Department of Medical Biochemistry and Cell Biology
- The Department of Laboratory Medicine
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: SEK 36,462 per month
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from all countries are eligible to apply
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The fellowship will be awarded in the field of Structure determination of membrane proteins using cryo-EM
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- A Ph.D. degree in a relevant field (e.g. biochemistry, biophysics, structural biology)
- Strong expertise in cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM)
- Experience with protein expression, purification, and biochemical characterization.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for a job at the University of Gothenburg, you must first register in their recruitment system. It is the applicant’s obligation to ensure that the application is complete and submitted by the deadline, as specified in the job post.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the following supporting documents:
- A cover letter that includes a brief explanation of previous research experience as well as a motivation for applying.
- A curriculum vitae that includes a list of publications
- Proof of Ph.D. completion
- Contact details for two references
- Admission Requirements:Applicants must fulfill the following admission requirements:
- Applicants must hold a PhD in a relevant field of study such as medicine, biology, chemistry, pharmacology, or a related discipline.
- Successful candidates will have substantial experience in cell culture (ideally eukaryotic cells), signaling, interaction investigations, and protein purification.
- Because the work involves close collaborations with other researchers, flexibility and a willingness to travel for data collection are required.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill the following language requirements:
- The position requires excellent communication skills (both oral and written) in English.
At the university, salaries are determined on an individual basis. On the other hand, the average salary for a postdoctoral position is SEK 36,462 per month.