The University of Gothenburg is offering scholarships for Syrian students. Scholarships are available for students to pursue a Master’s degree programme, with entry autumn semester 2019.
The University of Gothenburg is a university in Sweden’s second largest city, Gothenburg. The University is the third-oldest of the current Swedish universities and with 37,000 students and 6000 staff members, it is one of the largest universities in the Nordic countries.
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Application Deadline: February 14, 2019
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees for a Master’s programme at the University of Gothenburg
- An additional 62 000 SEK per study semester
- The FAS plus insurance for fee-paying students
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Sweden
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from Syria can apply for these scholarships.
Entrance Requirements: You are eligible to apply for the scholarship if you meet the criteria listed below.
- You hold Syrian citizenship.
- You are liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities.
- You have applied for a Master’s programme, full-time studies, at the University of Gothenburg by 15 January 2019.
- You have paid the application fee and documented your eligibility for studies by 1 February 2019
note that if you wish to be eligible for the selection process for the University of Gothenburg Study Scholarship as well, you must be admitted to a Master’s Programme at the University of Gothenburg as your first priority.
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
When submitting your scholarship application, the following documents are required:
- Submitting a CV and Letter of Motivation will increase your chances of being selected for a scholarship. There are no specific templates that you have to use for your CV or Letter of Motivation.
- The CV and Letter of Motivation should be submitted via Universityadmissions.se under the ‘other documents’ category and preferably named ‘UG Scholarship CV’ and ‘UG Scholarship Letter of Motivation’ respectively.
- If you have applied for more than one Master’s programme offered by the University of Gothenburg please submit one Letter of Motivation for each.
- When applying for the UGSS Syria you have to provide proof of your Syrian citizenship. You can do so by uploading a scanned copy of your passport or another valid identity card which clearly states citizenship at Universityadmission.se (if you have already submitted proof of citizenship at Universityadmission.se earlier in the application process, you do not need to do it again).
How to Apply: You apply for the scholarship by submitting an online scholarship application form. The scholarship application form will be available on our website between 4 February and 14 February 2019.