Students searching for a great opportunity to support them in achieving their research goals must not miss out on the International PhD Scholarships Opportunity at UNSW Microbiome Research Centre, St George Hospital. The scholarship will be awarded by the University of New South Wales for the academic year 2023-2024.
International and domestic students must apply for PhD at the UNSW Microbiome Research Centre to be considered. The scholarship winners can expect to receive $35,000 per year for three years with other benefits.
Great opportunity for international students to study in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The University of New South Wales, also known as UNSW Sydney, is a public research university established in 1949 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. This university now ranked 45 in QS World University Rankings and 37th in Best Global Universities, is one of the founding members of Group of Eight, a coalition of Australian research-intensive universities.
Why choose to study at the University of New South Wales? The University of New South Wales aims to establish itself as Australia’s global university and aspires to become a great university that is a global leader in the discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership. With these traits, UNSW can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and worldwide.
Application Deadline: 16th March 2023 is the last date to apply.
- University or Organization: University of New South Wales
- Department: UNSW Microbiome Research Centre
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $35,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Australian and overseas national students can both apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can pursue a PhD study at the UNSW Microbiome Research Centre (MRC), St George Hospital in Sydney.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be passionate about research in the field of nutrition and liver disease.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates must log in to the online portal of the university and submit their applications. All applications received will be taken into account for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A cover letter detailing research experience and interest in the project
- Academic transcript
- Contact details of two referees
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold an appropriate bachelor’s degree in nutrition, science, or an equivalent qualification from a tertiary institution as determined by the Faculty Higher Degree Committee (HDC).
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
- TOEFL iBT – 94
- TOEFL PBT – 589
- PTE – 65
- C1 Advanced Cambridge – 185
- C2 Proficiency Cambridge – 185
The University of New South Wales will provide the winning scholarship applicants with the following benefits:
- A full stipend of $35,000 per year for three years (open to domestic and international candidates)
- An opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team leading microbiome research across several disciplines of medicine
- The winners will be in an environment that encourages growth and development
- Access to a large cohort of participants
- Experience the UNSW culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion