The University of Queensland is eagerly awaiting applications from outstanding students for its PhD International Scholarship program in Australia. The funding programme is open to both domestic and international students for the session 2020/2021.
The objective of this PhD project is to develop, implement, and apply large-scale computational models of hydraulic fracturing in coal seams to predict the improvement in reservoir permeability.
Established in 1909, the University of Queensland is considered to be one of Australia’s leading universities. It offers wide-ranging support services and orientation programs so that you can enjoy the best possible study experience.
Why study at the University of Queensland? The university supports students in their academic pursuit to attain a higher degree by research. It provides a strong focus on teaching excellence and providing more national teaching awards for students.
Application Deadline: September 23, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Queensland
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $28,092 per annum+ a top-up of $5,000 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree coursework in Engineering and Computing.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, you need one of the following approved degrees to apply for a PhD:
- Master of Philosophy (or another research master’s degree).
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honours class IIA or equivalent.
- Coursework master’s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale which includes relevant research experience, approved by the dean.
- Postgraduate degree (at least one year full-time or equivalent) with an overall grade point average of 5 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honours class IIA will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 2 years of relevant research experience, including research publications.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity , applicants must take admission in a PhD degree programme at the University of Queensland. There is no separate application for scholarship because you will have the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a CV, academic certificates, and transcripts with your application.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants need to meet the entry requirements of the programme.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information go through the English language requirements page.
The University of Queensland will offer $28,092 per annum (2020 rate), indexed annually to domestic and international students. A top-up of $5,000 per annum for up to 3.5 years is also available.