For entry in 2023-24, each Faculty is offering a number of Research Scholarship Awards on a competitive basis. These scholarships are open to UK, EU and international applicants. These scholarships fund up to three years full-time or six years part-time study, subject to satisfactory progress.
The aim of the scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
Golden opportunity for aspirants
User Review( votes)
The University of Sheffield (informally Sheffield University is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as the successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was established in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School (founded in 1828), Firth College (1879) and Sheffield Technical School (1884).
Applicants should have or expect to achieve, a first or upper-second-class the UK honours degree or equivalent.
Applications Deadline: The central scholarship deadline is 5pm GMT on 25 January 2023.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for a research degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education
- Award: Varies
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK, EU, and international applicants are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
- You should have, or expect to achieve, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or equivalent.
- You should be applying to start your first year of study on a full-time or part-time PhD in the 2023/24 academic year.
- Awards are open to Home and International applicants.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis – applications are assessed on the basis of academic success and qualifications, experience, research background, a clear well-articulated research proposal, the potential impact of the research and a good match with supervisor/ departmental expertise.
- Each Faculty can offer a range of University of Sheffield Research Scholarships which may include all or some of:
- Fees (UK or Overseas) and a full maintenance stipend at the UKRI rate (currently £17,668 for 2022/23)
- Fees (UK or Overseas) and a half or partial maintenance stipend
- Fees only (UK or Overseas)
- A contribution towards fees and/or maintenance stipend
- Access to Research Support funds for conference and other expenses