For entry in 2020-21, each Faculty is offering a number of Research Awards on a competitive basis. These opportunities are open to UK, EU and international applicants. these endowments fund up to three years full-time or six years part-time study, subject to satisfactory progress.
The aim of The grant is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
Golden opportunity for aspirants
User Review( votes)
The University of Sheffield (informally Sheffield University is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as the successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was established in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School (founded in 1828), Firth College (1879) and Sheffield Technical School (1884).
Applicants should have or expect to achieve, a first or upper second class the UK honours degree or equivalent.
- Applications Deadline: January 29, 2020
- Course Level: The studentships are available for a research degree programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education
- Award: Each Faculty can offer a range of University of Sheffield Research Scholarships which may include all or some of:
- Fees (UK/EU or Overseas) and a full maintenance stipend at the UKRI rate (full-time rate £15,009 in 2019-20)
- Fees (UK/EU or Overseas) and a half or partial maintenance stipend
- Fees only (UK/EU or Overseas)
- A contribution towards fees and/or maintenance
- Access to Research Support funds for conference and other expenses
The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK, EU and international applicants are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
- You should have, or expect to achieve, a first or upper second class the UK honours degree or equivalent.
- You should be applying to start your first year of study on a full-time or part-time PhD with the University in the academic year 2020-21.
- Awards are open to UK, EU and international applicants.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The studentships are awarded on a competitive basis – applications are assessed on the basis of academic success and qualifications, experience, research background, a clear well-articulated research proposal, the potential impact of the research and a good match with supervisor/ departmental expertise.