The School of Global Studies believes Black Lives Matter. Hence, the school is offering applications for the Global Studies Scholarships at the University of Sussex.
The program is open for students from black and minority ethnic backgrounds who will accept an offer of a place on a master’s course in the School of Global Studies.
Nice offer to study master’s in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The School of Global Studies was founded in 2009 at the University of Sussex. It is a global hub at the heart of Sussex University and brings together the departments of Anthropology, Geography, and International Relations, and a cross-disciplinary program in International Development.
Why study at the University of Sussex? Studying at the University of Sussex gives students the opportunity to change the world. It has over 200 master’s degrees, postgraduate diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates in Education courses. Since its foundation in 1961, the University has created a better future for individuals and communities around the world.
Application Deadline: 1 July 2023, 23:59.
- University or Organization: University of Sussex
- Department: School of Global Studies
- Course Level: PG (Taught)
- Award: Tuition Fee Waiver of £9,500
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: the United Kingdom
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for postgraduate in one of the following courses in the School of Global Studies:
- Anthropology of Development and Social Transformation MA
- Climate Change, Development, and Policy MSc
- Conflict, Security, and Development MA
- Environment, Development, and Policy MA
- Food and Development MA
- Gender, Violence, and Conflict MA
- Geopolitics and International Affairs MA
- Human Rights MA
- International Political Economy MA
- International Relations MA
- International Security MA
- Migration and Global Development MA
- Migration Studies MA
- Social Anthropology MA
- Social Development MA
- Social Research Methods MSc
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Black and minority ethnic include Black African; Black Caribbean; Black Other; Mixed – White and Black Caribbean; Mixed – White and Black African; or Other mixed backgrounds (to include Black African, Black Caribbean, or Black Other), Asian; Mixed- Asian and White, or Other mixed backgrounds, Any other Mixed or Multiple ethnic backgrounds, Gypsy or Irish Traveller.
- Applicants need to be UK students classified as ‘Home’ for fees.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The scholarship is for Black and minority ethnic applicants who apply for the scholarship after accepting an offer of a place on an eligible master course.
- Apply for a master’s course here.
- Applicants can apply for the scholarship here – Global Studies Scholarships for Black and Minority Ethnic Students (2023)
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to provide a personal statement, this will be assessed on the following:
- Examples of your previous academic achievements.
- Why have you chosen this course at the University of Sussex?
- How this scholarship will make a difference to your ability to undertake this course
- Admission Requirements: Applicants need to meet the general entry requirement: at least an upper second-class (2:1) or lower second-class (2:2) undergraduate honors degree (or equivalent) depending on the course they are applying for. Check the entry requirements for UK applicants.
- Language Requirement: All teaching at Sussex is in English and applicants must be sufficiently fluent in English to be able to benefit from their education.
The University of Sussex will provide two scholarships of £9,500 award as a tuition see waiver to support master’s study at the School of Global Studies.