The University of Sydney is thrilled to announce International Postgraduate Research Scholarship in Materials Chemistry for the year 2023-2024.
The educational program is open to international PhD students within the School of Chemistry to undertake research in solid-state magnetic materials.
Nice offer to complete postgraduate research in Australia
User Review( votes)
The University of Sydney is a public research university located in Sydney, Australia. It was founded in 1850 and is the oldest university in Australia. It is a member of the prestigious Group of Eight, a coalition of Australia’s leading research-intensive universities.
Why study at the University of Sydney? The University of Sydney is a research-intensive university and is known for its research excellence. Students have the opportunity to work alongside world-class researchers and contribute to groundbreaking research in their field of study.
Application Deadline: May 23, 2023
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: Up to $29,880 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic/International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from all nations are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in the field of Materials Chemistry.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Must be a domestic/international student
- Must be a PhD student within the School of Chemistry
- Must hold Honors degree or master’s degree
- Research in solid-state magnetic materials.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply through the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the given supporting documents:
- Visa and Passport
- Honors or Master’s degree from a recognized university in a related field.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must fulfill the following admission requirements:
- Must hold an unconditional offer of admission or be currently enrolled in a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program at the University of Sydney’s School of Chemistry, Faculty of Science.
- An honors degree (First Class or Second Class Upper) or a master’s degree in a comparable discipline with a significant research component, or equivalent, is required.
- Must be eager to conduct research on solid-state magnetic materials.
- Must be willing to work at major neutron and X-ray scattering facilities.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill one of the following language requirements:
- PTE 42
- TOEFL IBT 52
- Cambridge CAE 41
- IELTS 5.0
The Scholarship will award a stipend allowance equivalent to $29,880 per year (indexed on January 1 of each year) for up to 3.5 years, provided that the recipient maintains good academic performance.