To encourage the education of international students in Australia, the University of Sydney is offering the Postgraduate Research Scholarships for the academic session 2021-2022.
The funding motivates both domestic and international students who want to conduct a postgraduate research program in astrophysics at the university.
Founded in 1850, the University of Sydney is an internationally renowned teaching and research institution in Australia that offers a diverse range of programs. Its goal is to help you learn the skills, knowledge, and values you’ll need to lead in a fast-changing world.
Why study at the University of Sydney? The university has a variety of student housing options as well as a variety of flexible study options to meet your needs. Students will learn transferable and study skills that will help them adjust to and navigate the various positions they will encounter in their careers.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Awards: Annual stipend allowance
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Domestic and International students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postgraduate Research program in Astrophysics
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an international student
- Have an unconditional offer of admission for a full-time PhD at the Faculty of Science
- Be willing to research galactic dynamics
- Hold a master’s degree in a related field with a substantial research component
- Have a background in physics and mathematics
- Be supervised by Professor Jonathan Bland-Hawthorn at the time of application.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to be enlisted in this educational program, then you are recommended to take admission in the postgraduate research program at the University of Sydney. After being registered, you must submit an online application form for the opportunity. You will also need to apply for a Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarship (domestic or international).
- Supporting Documents: Must submit a CV, academic certificates, feedback from two academic referees, and a personal statement with your application.
- Admission Requirements: To become a part of the university, you must meet the entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof. Please see the English Language Requirements section for more details.
The primary scholarship will provide an annual stipend allowance equivalent to the University of Sydney RTP rate (indexed on 1 January each year) for up to three years. An extension for up to six months is available, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
The scholarship will also provide academic course fees and the Student Services Amenities Fee (SSAF) for 12 research periods. An extension for up to two research periods is available, subject to satisfactory academic performance.