The University of Technology Sydney is delighted to offer 2 scholarships to undertake PhD research degree. These opportunities are available for the citizens of Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Paraguay or Uruguay.
The purpose of this application is to support the students to continue to overcome disadvantage and maintain their achievements
User Review( votes)
The University of Technology Sydney is the perfect environment to develop your leadership skills and interests. You might raise money for charity, design a solar car or lead your residence hall soccer team to a championship.
A very good command of English in oral and written communication is mandatory.
• Application Deadline: January 31, 2019
• Course Level: The studentships are available to undertake PhD research degree program.
• Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to all the study subjects offered by the university
• Award: The sponsorship will be awarded to the students up to $ $30,000.
• Number of Awards: Two The studentships are awarded.
• Nationality: The bursaries are available for the citizens of Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Paraguay or Uruguay.
• The award can be taken in Australia.
• Eligible Countries: The bursaries are available for the citizens of Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Paraguay or Uruguay.
• Entrance Requirements: Applicant must meet the following criteria:
1. Be a citizen of one of the following countries: Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Paraguay or Uruguay.
2. Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003.
3. Be a holder of an international student visa, meeting requirements as specified by the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs (DIMA), including the requirement to purchase and maintain a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved by the Commonwealth Government Department of Health and Ageing.
4. Have completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or be regarded by the University as having an equivalent level of attainment in accordance with clause.
5. Where applicants do not hold a Bachelor degree with First Class Honours in clause above, the University may determine that the applicant has demonstrated an equivalent level of academic attainment. In determining an equivalent level of academic attainment, the University may consider the previous study, relevant work experience, research publications, referees’ reports and other research experience.
6. Be undertaking a higher degree by research (HDR) at the University in the year of the award (awards are not available to applicants whose enrolment into a postgraduate research program has not been accepted by the University.
7. Be commencing full-time enrolment for the first time in a higher degree by research (HDR) at the University.
8. Not have completed a degree at the same or higher level as the proposed candidature.
9. Must not previously have held an Australian Government?funded postgraduate research scholarship unless it was terminated within six months of the program’s payments commencing.
10. Must not be receiving an equivalent award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the stipend rate to undertake the HDR. Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule.
How to Apply: Submit the application form online by 31, January 2018. To apply for a scholarship, including a completed application form together with your full application package during the application period.