The University of Tokyo is providing the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship for new international students to get higher education at the Graduate School of Science.
Established in 1877, the University of Tokyo is a public research university. It is the first imperial university and also recognized as one of Japan’s most prestigious universities.
Why study at the University of Tokyo? The university has its five campuses in Hongo, Komaba, Kashiwa, Shirokane, and Nakano. It offers a variety of degree-level course and funding support to its applicants.
Application Deadline: October 29, 2021
- University or Organization: The University of Tokyo
- Department: School of Science
- Course Level: Master’s and Doctoral
- Access Mode: Email
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International
- The program can be taken in Tokyo
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Available for pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree program within the departments of Physics, Astronomy, Earth & Planetary Science, Chemistry, Biological Sciences at the university.
- Admissible Criteria: Candidates must be born on or after April 2, 1987.
- You must apply for the field of study that they studied at their previous university or a related field.
- You must be physically and mentally healthy enough to pursue their studies.
- Must meet certain criteria set by MEXT with outstanding academic achievement.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The interested applicants are suggested to start their application process for a master’s or doctoral degree program at the university and. After that, they submit their application form with some additional documents to the following contact details-
Room 278, 2nd floor, School of Science Building 1, Hongo Campus
7-3-1, Hongo, Bunkyo-Ku, Tokyo 113-0033 JAPAN
MAIL [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Your application form must contain a study and research plan, letter of recommendation from ‘dean or above’, passport-type photo, an application form for your choice of program, official transcripts, language ability proof, an official statement of graduation, and a copy of the student’s passport.
- Admission Requirements: Successful participants must have university grade points* of 2.30 (out of 3.00) or above in their two most recent years of study and be expected to maintain the same academic standards during the course of the scholarship program.
- Language Requirement: The participants need to demonstrate their English language ability through the TOEFL or IELTS test.
The award will provide a monthly stipend (144,000 yen/month (for a student of a Master’s Program), or 145,000 yen/month (for a student of a Doctoral Program) (an additional monthly stipend of 2,000 or 3,000 yen may be added to those students undertaking study or research in some designated regions of the country), and also travel cost to Japan from Japan.