The University of York is inviting all overseas students to apply for MA scholarship available for the academic year of 2020-21. This beneficial scheme is developed by the department of English and related literature.
This opportunity aims to attract the highest calibre, international students, to pursue a master’s degree in the department of English and related literature. The award will be offered based on scholarly merit.
A fine chance to receive financial assistance for master study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of York is a research university located in the centre of York, England. Since 1963, the university has been dedicated to research-led teaching and providing students with a welcoming and inclusive learning environment.
Why at the University of York? Here students can find a variety of course at both undergraduate and graduate-level across arts and humanities, sciences and social sciences areas of study. It is ranked 12th in the United Kingdom for quality of research. If you join this, then you’ll become part of a lively, healthy, student-friendly community where you can get ready.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2020
- University or Organization: University of York
- Department: Department of English and Literature
- Course Level: Master
- Awards: £8,040
- Number of Awards: 8
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: UK, EU and Overseas
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK, EU and all nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Master level courses in the following subject offer by the Department of English and Literature at the University of York – MA English Literary Studies, MA Film and Literature, MA Global Literature and Culture, MA Literature of the Romantic Period, 1775-1832, MA Medieval Literatures and Languages, MA Modern and Contemporary Literature and Culture, MA Poetry and Poetics, MA Renaissance Literature, 1500-1700, MA Victorian Literature and Culture
- Eligibility Criteria: Have a look at the following requirements before going for the next step:
- MA students joining the Department of English and Related Literature in September 2020
- Must be home/EU and overseas students.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to be considered for this application , then you need to apply first for one of the following programs. Only after completing the first step successfully, you can download a application form that must be sent to english-enquiries-at-york.ac.uk by the deadline.
- MA in English Literary Studies
- MA Film and Literature
- MA Global Literature and Culture
- MA Literature of the Romantic Period, 1775-1832
- MA Medieval Literatures and Languages
- MA Modern and Contemporary Literature and Culture
- MA Poetry and Poetics
- MA Renaissance Literature, 1500-1700
- MA in Victorian Literature and Culture
- Supporting Documents: These are the documents that might be required at the time of admission:
- Pre-qualification degree
- Copies of academic transcripts and award
- Certificates of English language proficiency
- A statement
- A copy of passport
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission in postgraduate taught courses at the university, you’ll need:
- The equivalent of a UK upper second class honours degree (2:1).
- Some courses accept lower second class honours degrees (2:2) combined with relevant professional experience and/or vocational qualifications. Actual requirements vary by course
- Language Requirement: This university accepts the following tests as evidence of English proficiency:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (Academic)
- PTE Academic
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- Cambridge Proficiency (CPE)
- TOEFL iBT (internet based)
- Trinity ISE
All deserving candidates will be award a scholarship of £8,040. This award will be provided in the form of a full fee waiver.
- The first prize winner will get a full fee waiver at the Home/EU rate (£8,040)
- Seven runner-ups will get £1,000 each