The University of Waikato is inviting applications for the Taught Postgraduate Scholarship. These Scholarships are open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
The scholarship is designed to support part- and full-time students studying at the postgraduate level at the University of Waikato. The applicants will receive Up to $3,000 as the winning amount.
Great offer for international students in New Zealand.
User Review( votes)
The University of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand, with a satellite campus located in Tauranga.
Why you should apply at this University? Waikato University is a consistent climber in the most prestigious international ranking. They have secured 127 positions in the QS World University Ranking in five years.
Application Deadline: The applications for this grant will be accepted only through November April 30, 2022.
- Course Level: The Scholarship is available to pursue a postgraduate (Taught) programme.
- Awards: Up to $3,000
- Numbers of Award: NA
- Nationality: The Scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
- Access Mode: Online
- Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: The Scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible applicants must be:
- enrolling in 500-level taught papers; OR
- enrolling in 400-level taught papers as outlined in Appendix A.
- Scholarships are awarded on academic merit, with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of A– required. Normally, GPA calculations will be based on the equivalent of the applicant’s last two years of full-time study
- Past recipients may apply for subsequent Taught Postgraduate Scholarships if they continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
- The Scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
- International students must have completed at least 120 points at any New Zealand University.
- Recipients may only receive funding for up to a maximum of 60 points in each application round. The Scholarship will be applied to a recipient’s tuition fees in the year of tenure.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the link: https://www.waikato.ac.nz/scholarships/application-forms/university-of-waikato-taught-postgraduate-scholarship
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- A written statement in support of your application
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- High school transcripts
- Admission Requirements: Students need to meet the undergraduate and postgraduate requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit meet the language requirements of the university.
The university will provide an award amount of up to $3,000 to the successful candidates.