To ensure that international students are provided cost-effective yet quality higher education, the University of Waikato is offering them Fee Discounts for the academic year 2022-2023.
International students that take up any undergraduate or graduate study programme at the University of Waikato are eligible to apply for and take this scholarships award. Selected students will get a 20% tuition fee discount.
User Review( votes)
The University of Waikato is a comprehensive university in Hamilton. It holds a mission to combine the creation of knowledge through research, scholarships, and creative works with the dissemination of knowledge through teaching, publication, and performance and is ranked 375th among 1000 universities around the globe.
Why choose to study at the University of Waikato? The University of Waikato provides its students with the foundational knowledge and experience they need to achieve their career and life goals. It focuses on academic excellence and innovation of which students will become a part and will make a big difference in the world around them. The University of Waikato is an internationally recognized university committed to delivering world-class education.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: University of Waikato
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Award: 20% Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in New Zealand.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake any degree studies in any discipline of choice at Waikato.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be new international students at Waikato.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must log in to the university portal to submit an admission application. All international students will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- A written statement in support of your application
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- High school transcripts
- Admission Requirements: Students need to meet the undergraduate and postgraduate requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit meet the language requirements of the university.
- IELTS Indicator (this is an online version of the regular IELTS test)
- TOEFL iBT Home (Plus) (this is an online version of the regular TOEFL test)
- Duolingo English Test (DET) with the following scores:
- DET score of 90 for pre-degree programmes (IELTS 5.5 equivalent)
- DET score of 100 for undergraduate programmes (excluding those listed below)
- DET score of 110 for postgraduate programmes (excluding doctoral programmes)
The University of Waikato will provide the selected students 20% discount on the tuition fee of the undertaken programme.