The University of New South Wales announces the HDR Architecture PhD Scholarship in the application of evolutionary game theory in Australia. The scholarship is available to Australia & International students.
Applicants must have demonstrable knowledge and experience in Game Engines (i.e. Unity), Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, 3D Modeling.
A fine program for candidates.
User Review( votes)
The University of New South Wales is an Australian public research university located in the Sydney suburb of Kensington. Established in 1949, it is ranked 3rd in Australia, 45th in the world, and 2nd in New South Wales according to 2018.
- Application Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to students who have excelled in, or contributed to the sports or arts scene at the national level or higher.
- Study Subject: The Scholarship is open to doing research in the application of evolutionary game theory
- Scholarship Award: Scholarship is valued at $122,500.
- Nationality: The scholarship is available to Australia & International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available to Australia & International students.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Awards are made on the basis of academic merit, research experience and/or research potential, as well as the suitability of the applicant’s research proposal to the purpose of the HDR Architecture PhD Research Scholarship. The candidate must:
- Undertake, or be undertaking a research project as agreed between the Built Environment Higher Degree Committee and the candidate;
- Be supervised by appropriate staff employed within the Built Environment Faculty at UNSW;
- Have applied for admission or commenced the faculty’s EOI process for admission to a UNSW Doctor of Philosophy at UNSW Built Environment.
- Have had at least three years of professional experience in a built environment discipline
- Have an interest in a research and/or academic career in one or more of the following, in order of importance:
- Evolutionary game theory
- Gaming Environments
- Artificial Intelligence
- Virtual Reality
- Technology background and foundational software required on an advanced level by the applicant
- Applicants must have demonstrable knowledge and experience in Game Engines (i.e. Unity), Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, 3D Modeling. Further applicants must have on an advanced level experience in the following software packages: 3D Modeling (i.e. Rhino, Unity), Visual Programming (i.e. Grasshopper, Dynamo), Programming Languages (i.e. Python or C#); Optimization (i.e. Galapagos, Octopus, Quelea, etc.)
- The scholarship is available to both domestic and international students.
How to Apply:
- PhD applicants should follow the application process as detailed here. That process includes the submission of an Expression of Interest (EOI), which will be considered by the faculty’s Higher Degree Committee.
- PhD applicants should write a separate 1000 word statement clearly summarising the proposed topic area, a suggested methodology, a preliminary title and the contribution of the research to new knowledge within the field of enquiry listed above.
- The successful applicant will be expected to submit a dissertation of 40,000 to 50,000 words, with the creative project retained in the UNSW library as a digital copy.
- PhD applicants should submit their statement to Associate Professor Hank Haeusler, Discipline Director, Bachelor of Computational Design, School of Architecture and Design.
- Include “HDR Architecture PhD Research Scholarship” in the subject line of the email.