Applications are invited for fully funded postgraduate research scholarships for international students at the University of Newcastle (UoN) in Australia. To be eligible for these endowments, applicants must have an IELTS of at least 6.5 and a master’s degree with a strong research component.
A scholarship provides an annual living allowance of $25,392 p.a. (2014 rate), relocation and establishment allowance of up to $2,020 and covers full tuition fee and overseas student health. An applicant must have been made an offer of admission to a research higher degree to be eligible for the offer of award of a research scholarship.
A fine program for applicants.
User Review( votes)
The University offers a number of postgraduate research scholarships to support international research candidates. Applications are accepted between 1 January and 31 August each year
- Study Subject (s): The studentships are awarded to learn any of the courses at the University of Newcastle (UoN).
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing postgraduate research programme at the University of Newcastle (UoN).
- Scholarship Provider: University of Newcastle (UoN) and Commonwealth Government
- The award can be taken at Australia
Successful scholarship candidates usually have:
- An IELTS of at least 6.5
- Honour class one or equivalent
- An outstanding Grade Point average
- A master degree with a strong research component
- International peer-reviewed research publication or research experience.
- An applicant must have been made an offer of admission to a research higher degree to be eligible for the offer of award of a research scholarship.
Open for International Students: International students can apply for these postgraduate research scholarships.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants apply for a scholarship as part of applying for admission by answering the relevant questions on the admission application form. Once you have completed your application form, you may send it to email, fax or post. Your application for admission must include:
- Certified copies of all academic transcripts
- A research proposal
- Evidence of extra academic attainments e.g. publications and research work experience
- Certified evidence of meeting the English proficiency requirement
- Copies of research publications, exhibitions or conference papers
- Curriculum Vitae
- Details of previous research experience e.g. research work experience/study
- Any additional documents that may add to your application e.g. evidence of the award of a University Medal.
A scholarship funded by the University of Newcastle or the Commonwealth Government provides:
- An annual living allowance $25,392 p.a. (2014 rate). This amount is indexed annually.
- A full tuition fee scholarship
- Relocation and establishment allowance of up to $2,020
- Overseas student health cover
Application Deadline: Closed