The University of Queensland is dispensing a marvellous opportunity through its CSIRO Data61 PhD International Scholarship for the academic year 2020-2021. The grant is available for both domestic and international students.
The educational program helps excellent students to explore the creation of massive ICS/IoT security datasets and their innovative use.
Great funding opportunity for international students in Australia.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1909, the University of Queensland is ranked as one of the most reputable universities in the world. It offers associate, bachelor, master, doctoral, and higher doctorate degrees.
Why study at the University of Queensland? The university provides a range of services to empower you with the skills and knowledge to plan for your future career and successfully transition from student into professional. Here students will have access to a rigorous education in a supportive and creative environment.
Application Deadline: June 29, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Queensland
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Living stipend scholarship
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree program in IoT/ICS Security Analytics.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants need one of the following approved degrees to apply for a PhD:
- Must have a master of Philosophy (or another research master’s degree).
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honours class IIA or equivalent.
- Coursework master’s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale.
- Postgraduate degree (at least one year full-time or equivalent) with an overall grade point average of 5 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with research experience.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 2 years of research experience, including research publications.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the scholarship, candidates must have to take admission to a PhD degree coursework at the University of Queensland. After that, please email the following documents (in PDF) to Professor Ryan Ko (r.ko-at-uq.edu.au) with the subject heading: EOI for UQ-Data61 CRP Project IoT/ICS Security Analytics.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a CV, academic certificates, and transcripts with your application.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, you need to meet entry requirements for your chosen program.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
The University of Queensland will provide living stipend funding for three years (with a possible 6 months extension) for a PhD. After the EOI stage, the student will work with UQ and Data61 researchers towards the application of a UQ RTP and/or CSIRO’s Data61 PhD scholarship/top-up, subject to eligibility criteria and an evaluation by an independent assessment committee.