The University of Queensland eagerly awaits applications from students across the globe for its PhD program in Australia. This grant is open for the academic year 2021/2022.
The studentship program seeks to encourage qualified domestic and international aspirants who want to pursue a PhD degree in Social Services at the University of Queensland.
Great offer for international students
User Review( votes)
Queensland Institution is Australia’s fifth-oldest public university, having been established in 1909. It offers extensive counseling services and orientation programs to ensure that students have the greatest possible academic experience.
Why study at the University of Queensland? The university places a strong emphasis on teaching excellence and provides students with additional national teaching prizes. During their time at UQ, students can get hands-on experience in the sector through internships and courses.
Application Deadline: August 3, 2021
- University: University of Queensland
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Higher Degree by Research
- Awards: $31,000 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Two
- Nationality: International and Australian students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Higher Degree by Research in Responsible Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Automated Decision Making (ADM) in Social Services
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Master of Philosophy (or another research master’s degree); or
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honours class IIAor equivalent; or
- Coursework master’s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale, which includes relevant research experience, approved by the dean; or
- Postgraduate degree (at least one year full-time or equivalent) with an overall grade point average of 5 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honours class IIA will be considered on a case-by-case basis; or
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of relevant research experience, including research publications.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For being a part of the program, claimants must take admission to a higher degree by research coursework at the university. After taking affirmation, you will be considered for the grant.
- Supporting Documents: The following documents are required to support the application: academic CV, academic transcript, award certificates/testamurs, evidence of English language proficiency, a copy of passport, and contact details from two referees.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, please check the entry requirements for UQ’s Higher Degrees by Research.
- Language Requirement: Students have to accomplish the English language requirements of the university.
The University of Queensland will provide the award amount of $31,000 per annum (indexed annually) to the successful candidates.