The United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) is in partnership with the MasterCard Foundation to offer the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program for the academic year 2023-2024.
Valuable chance for African students to study in Kenya
User Review( votes)
The university was based in 1969 as the Nairobi Campus of the United States International University (USIU), a San Diego-based institution. In 1999, the United States International University, Nairobi Campus, proved itself as a separate institute under its new name, USIU Africa. In 2001, USIU combined with the California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) to form Alliant International University.
Why study at the United States International University-Africa? As part of their evolution and development, students develop and express ethical standards and design the leadership skills which will conduct their experienced and personal lives. This is conducted via formal courses in field areas and active engagement of students in leadership functions both inside and beyond the classroom.
Application Deadline: February 20, 2023.
- University or Organization: United States International University-Africa
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: African students
- The award can be taken in Kenya
- Eligible Countries: African students can apply for this scholarship.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in 13 undergraduate degree programs subjects in the following areas:
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology; Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics, Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Science in Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business Administration (CSOB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration, and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Only youth not exceeding 29 years old in the following categories qualify:
- Candidates must be young women and men, refugees and displaced youth, and youth with disabilities.
- Scholars must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Academic talent: They must value learning and be motivated to complete their education. Must meet the university admissions requirement per the Kenya Commission for University Education or its equivalent.
- Commitment to giving back: Students should demonstrate a commitment to improving their communities through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities.
- Leadership potential: Applicants must commit to becoming change makers, role models, and mentors who embrace ethical leadership.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To get this opportunity, candidates are suggested to take admission to the university (USIU-Africa), and then they will consider this scholarship program.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, applicants must provide proof of their previous academic transcript at the university.
- Admission Requirements: Students must meet the university requirements for an undergraduate degree.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support, which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Laptops, books, and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurance;
- Transport to and from home;
- Access to leadership training;
- Access to entrepreneurial training;
- Psycho-social support, career counseling, and mentorship;
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.