The US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce (USPAACC) is offering scholarships for high school seniors who are of Asian/Pacific Island heritage. These awards, ranging from $3,000 to $5,000, are given every year to students around the country for their post-secondary education.
USPAACC ‘s mission is to be the gateway to corporate and government contracts, Asian American (includes East, South and Southeast Asian and Pacific Islander) suppliers, information about Asian Americans and the Asia and Indian Subcontinent markets.
Worthy opportunity for students
User Review( votes)
The US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce Education Foundation (USPAACC) is the oldest and largest national, nonprofit, non partisan organization representing all Asian American and Asian American-related groups in business, sciences, the arts, sports, education, public and community services.
Course Level: The studentships are available for high school students for their post-secondary education.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Award: The amount of the program depends on the sponsors’ contributions and varies between $3,000 and $5,000. USPAACC will send the program funds directly to the school the recipient will attend in the Fall semester.
Number of Awards: Each year the number of Awards varies between 10 and 20. In 2018, 17 scholarships were available through the program. Over 3,300+ applications are received annually.
The award can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Award requirements
- Must be used for a full-time course of study at an accredited college or university in the United States commencing in the year 2019
- Scholarship money will be paid directly to the recipient’s college or university towards the cost of tuition
- Must be used towards paying for courses on-campus; online courses will not qualify
- USPAACC reserves the right to verify the accuracy of the information contained in the submitted application package
Nationality: Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and of Asian Pacific Island heritage.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicant must be
- At least 16 years of age at the time of application
- A high school senior
- Of Asian Pacific Island heritage (except for Bruce Lee Scholarship)
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Beginning full-time study at an accredited post-secondary educational institution in the United States
How to Apply: Applicants must download and complete the application form and attach a 2” x 2” high-resolution headshot photo. Scanned pictures will not be accepted. Staple the upper right corner of the photo in the photo area of the application. Scholarship Recipients are asked to:
- Attend the CelebrAsian Procurement Conference in San Diego, CA from May 31 – June 2, 2017. *If unable to attend, must forfeit Award
- Prepare a 2-minute acceptance speech to be delivered at the Awards presentation during the CelebrAsian Procurement Conference
- Spend time with USPAACC staff during the conference so both parties could get to know each other
- Write an essay about their experience at the CelebrAsian 2017 Conference within 30 days after the event and send it to USPAACC.
- Write a Thank You note to the sponsor of their scholarship and send it to USPAACC.
- Keep USPAACC informed of their college life and studies during their first four years in college by writing at least once a year.
Application Deadline: March 29, 2019