The University of Southern Queensland is pleased to offer two USQ Health Economics PhD scholarships to carry out research that will contribute to the health economics program of the Applied Economics and Policy Analysis research group.
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) has forged a reputation as one of Australia’s leading providers of on-campus and online (distance) education programs in Australia. With more than 75 percent of students studying via distance or online, our delivery of external education resources continues to lead the way.
Marvelous Scholarships for International Students.
User Review( votes)
The USQ Health Economics Ph.D. Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and alignment with the above research topics.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Have a qualification regarded by USQ to be equivalent, or at a higher level to a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours;
- Be eligible to be enrolled, full-time on-campus in a Ph.D. at the USQ;
- International applicants are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- These projects would suit candidates with an economics background and experience in econometrics and socio-economic policy analysis.
- A range of quantitative backgrounds is potentially suitable such as econometrics, data analysis, and economic modeling.
- Good knowledge of STATA/Reviews or any suitable statistical software and expertise in the application of economics and econometrics to policy issues are required.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The Office of Research Graduate Studies (ORGS) also recommends that applicants commence the admission process. For admission instructions, please refer to how to apply. To ensure your application is assessed, scanned copies of the above documentation must be forwarded as one attachment to the ORGS: orgsadmin-at-usq.edu.au.
- USQ Health Economics Ph.D. application form (DOC 83KB);
- a detailed Preliminary Thesis Topic Proposal form (DOC 28KB)relating to the above topic;
- Supporting Documents: To apply for this study, applicants must scan and forward as one PDF attachment the CV, list of any research publications, documentation confirming citizenship, two page summary of your research interests and experiences, education qualifications, documentation toorgsadmin-at-usq.edu.au.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a qualification regarded by USQ to be equivalent, or at a higher level to a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours.
- language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The USQ Health Economics Ph.D. award carries a stipend (living allowance) of $30 000 per annum. Payments are made on a fortnightly basis over the year.
In addition, the successful applicant will have their tuition fees funded for the standard duration of the Ph.D. Domestic students (Australian or New Zealand citizens, or Australian Permanent residents) will normally be allocated a Research Support Program (RSP) Fee Offset place which covers the payment of tuition fees.
The maximum period of tenure of an award is three years. Periods of study already undertaken towards the degree will be deducted from the period of tenure.
Application Deadline: Closed