The University of Texas at Arlington is offering a range of educational scholarships administered through UTA’s Scholarships Office in the United States.
The merit-based awards are available to incoming freshmen and new transfer students who will commence a program for the 2020-2021 academic year. The purpose of the program is to rewarding academic excellence and improving access to college.
It is a valuable offer to get an education with study awards.
User Review( votes)
The University of Texas at Arlington was founded in 1895. Located in the heart of Dallas-Fort Worth, It is the largest university in North Texas offers more than 180-degree programs through its nine colleges.
Why at the University of Texas at Arlington? At UTA, they offer students an opportunity to receive real-world experiences with its world-renowned faculty and resources. UTA helps students carve out their path to becoming a successful innovator or leader.
- University: the University of Texas at Arlington
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Degree courses
- Award: Multiple
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: A range of grants are available
- Nationality: US Citizens
- Awards can take in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open only for the United States
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The awards will be awarded for degree programs in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- First-year students (freshmen) must have a minimum cumulative UTA GPA of 3.0
- Transfer students must have a minimum cumulative transfer GPA of 3.5 and have completed a minimum of 24 college transfer hours.
- Students must complete their 2020-2021 FAFSA application, turn in all requested documents, and be admitted to UTA by January 15, 2020, to qualify for maximum grant funding for the 2020-2021 aid year.
How to Apply
To Apply: Applicants must apply for one of any award by using UTA’s online scholarship system. As a current or newly-admitted student, applicants need to create a student profile. But, before starting an application, students are required to take admission at the University of Texas at Arlington
- Note: To accept Maverick Academic Scholarship, log into MyMav. Go to Student Center > View Financial Aid, select the aid year and click the “accept” button.
- For all scholarships: students are required to compose an essay, answer scholarship questions and secure a reference letter.
- For the National Merit Scholarship: applicants are required to submit National Merit Certificate and Proof of UTA as College of First Choice to The grants Office.
- Transfer students are required to upload their PTK membership certificate into Mav ScholarShop.
- For all scholarship: Applicants must have a minimum cumulative UTA GPA of 3.0
- For the Presidential Honors Scholars & Presidential Scholars: students must have at least a 1300 to 1400 SAT or 28 to 30 ACT score and rank in the top 25% of the high school graduating class
- For Maverick Academic Scholarship: students should have at least an 1100 SAT or 23 ACT score and rank in the top 50% of the high school graduating class
The University of Texas at Arlington will provide benefits to winning students as the following:
- National Merit Scholarship offers up to $25,000 award to covers education costs as tuition and fees, housing and meals in a UTA residence hall, and books
- Presidential Honors Scholars & Presidential Scholars provide $10,000 award: A UTA Presidential Honors Scholar will earn a $12,000 award annually or $48,000 over a four-year career.
- Maverick Academic Scholarship offers $2,000 – $8,000 award, and
- Transfer Scholarship grants $1,000 – $4,000 award
- December 3, 2019 – for Presidential Honors Scholars & Presidential Scholars and
- February 14, 2020 – for National Merit Scholarship, Maverick Academic Scholarship, and Transfer Scholarship.
- Admission deadline: January 15, 2020