UWC South East Asia (UWCSEA) is offering fully-funded positions for a maximum of five years. These opportunities are available for Cambodian students to study from grade 8th – 12th at UWC Colleges.
The UWC movement provides a challenging and transformational education to more than 7,500 students each year. The UWC movement started offering scholarships to Cambodian students since 2008.
fab chance for students
User Review( votes)
UWC South East Asia (UWCSEA) is a member of the United World College (UWC) movement and is situated in Singapore. UWCSEA has nearly 5,000 students from more than 70 nationalities on two campuses and educates students from Kindergarten 1 to Grade 12. It is one of the world’s largest and most successful International Baccalaureate Diploma schools.
- Course Level: Applicable students apply to study from grade 8th – 12th.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded for studying all the subjects offered by the UWCSEA.
- Award: The College is offering fully-funded positions for a maximum of five years for two Cambodian nationals of outstanding personal and academic potential. One successful candidate will be placed at the UWCSEA (East) campus and one at the UWCSEA (Dover) campus. The College will meet all educational and accommodation fees, meals, travel expenses to and from Cambodia and a small living allowance for the successful candidates.
- The award can be taken at Singapore
The successful candidates will have been born on a date between 1 September 2004 and 31 August 2006. Please note that applications from students born outside these dates will not be accepted. In order to apply for scholarship, successful candidates:
- must have good written and spoken English skills
- must have an excellent academic record in Mathematics and Khmer
- should be able to demonstrate additional academic excellence in other fields: IT, science, languages or humanities
- should be able to demonstrate strong extracurricular activities: e.g. creativity, community service, sport.
Nationality: Cambodian students can apply for these endowments.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For receiving this award, candidates are required to take admission in the grade 8th- 12th at UWCSEA.After being admitted, you can complete the application form for the grant.
- Admission Requirements: UWCSEA seeks to enrol students who will be able to embrace the opportunities offered by the College, and who are committed to their mission and vision. All applications are reviewed to determine whether the applicant will be able to benefit fully from the opportunities offered by UWCSEA.
- Language Requirement: Grade 7–Grade 9: Applicants may be admitted to the EAL program if the applicant demonstrates the required level of English and also proficiency in their first language (mother tongue).Grade 10 Foundation IB and Grade 11 IB Diploma: All applicants, regardless of background, are tested in English and in any other language(s) suitable for A1 option in the IB Diploma. Alternative A1 languages (first language/mother-tongue) must be on the IB approved language list.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2021