The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg is furnishing the VC Equality program with the motive of supporting candidates who have a financial hardship to complete their studies in South Africa.
The educational award has the purpose of supporting South African candidates coming from Quintile 1 and 2 schools for undertaking an undergraduate degree program at Wits University.
An excellent opportunity for candidates in South Africa
User Review( votes)
The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg is more commonly known as the Wits University of Wits. It is the third oldest South African university in continuous operation and situated as a multi-campus South African public research university in Johannesburg.
Why at the University of the Witwatersrand? The university has a quite good reputation for its teaching quality and educational support. It offers many degree programs and also guides candidates to do the best for building a bright future.
- University or Organization: University of Witwatersrand
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree
- Award: R110000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Ten grants are available
- Nationality: South Africa
- The program can be taken in South Africa
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2019
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: South African candidates are eligible to join
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Available for pursuing an undergraduate degree program in any field offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: The grant is available for aspirants from Quintile 1 and 2 schools
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The candidates should take place in an undergraduate degree program at the university. After that, they will be automatically considered for the grant, no formal application is required.
- Language Requirement: The students need to have good proficiency in the English language.
Award Selection Criteria
The award conditions are as follows-
- It is based on all the marks achieved in the NSC examinations of Grade 12 is the starting point.
- Subjects are ranked as English, Mathematics, and Physical Science.
- Applicants are chosen on the first submission of the matric results obtained from the Department of Education.
The current value of the grant is R110 000 per annum. It will cover the cost of tuition, accommodation and a monthly stipend for the duration of the bachelor course.